Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Last Couple of Days

We finally got to see Dasha yesterday for the first time! We took her and John Paul outside. Dasha was very quite and hardly made a peep. She looked like John Paul did when she was first taken outside, a little scared, wide eyed, and taking everything in. You could tell that neither of them have seen the outdoors very often. The first few days that we took John Paul outside he kept looking up at the sky and looking up at the tree limbs. He wanted to touch everything that he could get his hands on. Dasha is very interested in her surroundings as well. She is not as physically able as John Paul, but she will lean towards things that she wants. John Paul didn't want to go back into his room when we had to take him back. I put him down and he went for the door and tried to open it. He fussed a little when the caretaker took him away.

Today when we arrived at the orphanage they brought John Paul out first and then a few minutes later they brought Dasha out. Rick and I took turns playing with each of them. John Paul kept trying to take Dasha's toys away. And then Dasha, little tiny Dasha, started grabbing and trying to steal his toys. We finally got them to share for the most part. I guess they were just excited to have real toys. I took Dasha a crib mirror, but I haven't put it in her crib yet. We're still playing with it for now. I'll tie it down for her before we leave. I'm going to triple knot it so if anyone decides to take it from her it will at least be very difficult for them to do so. The crib mirror was a big hit with both of them! This was one toy that they were playing tug of war with. If I had known I would have brought an extra one for John Paul. I have another one at home that he can have when he gets there. They both like music and enjoyed playing with the the little keyboard that I brought.

And Dasha laughs and smiles!!! The only sounds I had ever heard out of her were a few little sqeaks. But today she broke out in this robust little laugh and smiled from ear to ear. I bounced her lightly on my knee and she loved it! So I started picking her up in the air and bringing her back down close to me over and over. She LOVED it and she laughed and smiled. After that she was much more vocal in general and she smiled several times on her own. She heard John Paul laughing and started laughing too. Today was such a full day. Filled with joy!

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a great entry! I smiled a big smile when I read about how great your last two days have been. They just sound adorable, and I can't wait to hear stories once they get home. Take care

Christy and Kevin said...

Hi Kristy,
I am so glad that you have been able to play & spend time with BOTH kids!! How exciting- Poor John Paul... Didn't want his mommy & daddy to leave.

Christy

liesel said...

You must be loving every minute of it! I can't wait to see photos!

grammygwen said...

Hi Sweetie. Great update!! It sounds like John Paul is really starting to bound with you and little Dasha is amazing.She sounds like her personality is coming out. I can't wait to see both of them. I hope that you are getting lots of photos. They sound so adorable. Just think, soon John Paul won't have to worry about turning that door knob anymore. I have to laugh thinking about the cats (Noah & Abby) they don't know what they are in for when you get home.lol. Have fun and give the kids lots of hugs and kisses from Grammy.I love you. MOM

Kevin and Tammy said...

What a blessing to get to play with both of them. There will be lots of firsts and these will be the memories you will remember forever.
Tammy

Mandy said...

Oh this has ME smiling ear to ear :)
How great to have your little ones together! I'm so happy to hear JP is getting a mind of his own and Miss Dasha is laughing - what music that must be to your heart!
Can't wait to see pictures of your little doll babies!
Mandy

Bethany said...

Yay, I'm so happy you got to spend such quality time with both of them! So what is the timeline for JP from here?

Carson's Mom said...

That is wonderful that they are letting you spend time with both of them. How much longer will you be there. JP will have the entire house scoped out by the time Dasha gets there- hopefully he will not have learned the word my children learned early on- "mine." Enjoy your children.

Kayla

Julie said...

YAY! So glad to hear that you got to see both children!! How exciting! I'm looking forward to following the rest of your journey!!!!

Julie
RR

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!!!!!!!!!!!