Three years ago today at 11:45 a.m. our lives would change forever. This was the day that God blessed us with our little miracle named Chloe. We did not know until after she was born that she had Down Syndrome. At first we were scared and concerned about many things. But one thing was for sure, we loved this beautiful little girl. She stole our hearts from the beginning and as she grew she stole the hearts of everyone that met her. I'm told that she stole the hearts of strangers as well. One thing is for sure, God gave us a little angel and we were so blessed to be her parents.
God decided to take her back on August 15, 2007 and He placed the desire in my heart to adopt another child with Down Syndrome. I knew in my heart that there was a higher reason for her short life and we decided to trust God in the desire that He placed in my heart. We've been scared along the way and at times I have even questioned if this was God's plan for sure. Each time I have questioned it, God has given me confirmation and the strength to press on. Today, on Chloe's 3rd birthday, God gave us a miracle. At 5:00 this afternoon we went to court and became the proud parents of John Paul Newbold. Of course we still have to wait ten days before it is finalized. But today is the day that the judge told us "Congratulations on our new child!" I am just awestruck by how God has worked all of this out. I've been crying tears of joy for the last hour and I just can't believe how good God is. I had asked God to let us have a child by Chloe's birthday, but this is just a miracle. I can't wait to get John Paul in our custody and see the plans that God has for His life. Things may be tough in the beginning, but I know that God has great things in store for John Paul. He has protected him and given him favor all along. The thing that choked me up in court was when they were talking about his mother giving up her rights to him. What really got me was when they said that he has been in the orphanage since December, 2004 and has never had any visitors and that no one in his family has ever expressed interest in him. That's hard to hear about a little child that you have grown to love. I can't wait to get him home and give him the love that he deserves. Never again will he be without a family. We are so blessed to have our new addition to our family, angel # 2!
I guess I'll wrap it up by saying...Happy 3rd Birthday Chloe. We love you so much. I know that we have a sweet little angel looking out for us in Heaven. God is still using you to bring us miracles. We love you angel.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
A Birthday Miracle
Posted by kristynewb at Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





22 comments:
I was thinking this morning how 3 years ago we were waiting Chloe's arrival. I remember the tears of joy at seeing her tiny little face. I thanked GOD today that HE let us have her even though it was for just a little while. My life will never be the same. Now as I am typing this I am crying again knowing that John Paul became a member of our family on this very special day.Even though I haven't met him or Dasha yet I love them both with all of my heart too. The adoption of John Paul made this a good day. I can't wait to see him. I love you. Mom
What a special day it is for you. Congratulations! Reading your mom's post made me cry! How wonderful that John Paul and Dasha will be so loved, and it is all because of your beautiful little Chloe!
What a wonderful thing for your family. A miracle indeed! Chloe has blessed the lives of many, including John Paul and Dasha.
CONGRATULATIONS!
AWESOME NEWS KRISTY!!!!! ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL TIME WITH JOHN PAUL. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHOLE!!
Kristy,
I am so happy for you! You and "Roma" will always hold a special place in my heart! Thanks you for loving him and bringing him into your family.:)
(((HUGS)))
Amy
I am so excited that you now have a son and I am so happy that God gave you JP on such a special day! You are going to start having to issue tissue alerts with your posts. God has not gotten you this far to leave you. He will continue to lead you on as you get home and get JP entrenched into family life.
Kayla
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and hope that the trip home goes smoothly. I look forward to hearing more of your adventures in the future.
Renia
Happy Birthday Angel Chloe!
And Congratulations JP!!
YAY!!!! Send me some new pictures of JP!! ---Andrea
Congratulations Kristy! I agree that the tissue alert is a good idea! I also echo the Happy Birthday to Chloe. What an amazing little girl she truly was! What grace God has shown! He is so good and faithful. I am so excited for you and Rick and John Paul and Dasha too. I cannot wait to meet John Paul when he gets to come visit his granny. What a special little boy you have (and soon a special little girl too!). Thanks for letting us rejoice with you!
I am actually sitting here in tears for you! I couldn't be happier for you and your family. What an amazing story you can share with John Paul when he gets older.
Happy Birthday Chloe, I bet you are having a wonderful celebration in Heaven!
How amazing! Congrats on your new son! Thanks for sharing your story.
Congratulations on your new son! It will be a wonderful story to share with John Paul in the future about this very special day.
Can't wait to see some pictures! :)
Crying away here in Idaho!
Joy,RR
Isn't that just like God to answer your prayers for another child, exactly on Chloe's birthday! He is an amazing God isn't He? We'll be prayin you home Kristy!
Happy birthday Angel Chloe! We think of you often and are praying for your new brother and sister!
Congratulations Rick & Kristy - we are so happy for you. Miracles never cease, do they? We love you both & can't wait to meet John Paul. Happy Birthday Chloe!
Wow what an awesome story. There are no coincidences with God. He had this planned all the time. Isn't it wonderful how he has such wonderful plans to unfold to us. I am crying too. Priase God.
Tammy
Kristy you and your family have touched my heart! I never thought I would beleive in God again after he took my Mother, but what you have been through and still you believe so much has opened my eyes! Thank you so much and I will be praying for you all!
Lisa Burroughs
lisaausmom@aol.com
Greensboro,NC
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet John Paul and Dasha. Get home safe... and fast! love you!
I am so happy for you. I have thought about Chloe so much and even have a picture of her sitting on my windowsill at work where I can see her everyday. I know that God is watching over her. It is such a blessing to know that God is there for each and every one of us. When I went to read your blog this evening I was overjoyed to learn that the adoption of John Paul took place on such a wonderful day. If we could just stay out of God's way all the time and let Him have His way, the world would be such a wonderful place all the time!!!!!! I want everyone to know that I am so proud of Rick and Kristy for listening to God and taking the steps that was necessary for this adoption to take place. John Paul is truly blessed!!!! I know that is will be hard for you both to leave Dasha. I sit here and wonder how you can...but it is in God's plan, and she is in God's hands!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!! Love you both!!!
Wow Kristy, God works in mysterious ways doesn't he? I remember holding Chloe and thinking how cute and how loved she was by both of you. It turned out that she brought love also to these two children that you are now going to be the proud parents of. As I said before we all go through our lives sometimes wondering what was our real purpose is but you have found yours and there will be a special place for you in heaven. I am so proud to call you my friend. I love you all and I can't wait to see the children and hug you all! Love Charlotte
Post a Comment