We have spent the last two mornings with John Paul. I was surprised that they allowed us to come on the weekends. I didn't know if that was allowed or not, but they let us. Yesterday there were a different group of caretakers and they allowed us to take John Paul outside as long as we kept him out of the sunlight and away from the other children. We kept him out of the sunlight. There was one little guy that we couldn't keep away! He kept wanting John Paul's toys and there was no keeping him away. And Roma enjoyed watching him run around. I hope that the reason they asked us to keep him away from the other children was because he has been sick, but somehow I doubt that's the entire reason. They don't take the other special needs children outside. That's why I wonder. I'm so ready to get him out of here!
We have not been able to see Dasha again yet. Like I said before we will not have a translator until Tuesday. Our driver asked them to bring Dasha out, but he appeared uncomfortable with it and the lady that brought her out clearly was not going to let her go! I was able to touch her hand and talk to her and that's about it. Her little eyes twinkled like she was smiling, but she doesn't smile. You could see it in her eyes though. She was happy. :)
It was raining today when we visited with John Paul so we stayed inside on the couch with him again. He's really starting to warm up to us now! He kept standing up on the couch (and yes I let him since they don't want him on the floor) and then he would sit down on my lap. He likes to touch my hair and face. He's the sweetest little boy!! He has the best little laugh. He remembered the toys from yesterday and went right into my bag and started pulling toys out. Then he pulled a shoe out and tried to put his foot in it. He's a smart little guy. I can't wait to see him blossom when he gets home. We also played cars and he seemed to like those best. Yesterday Rick was making a vroom sound when he was pushing the car. Today JP immitated it when he was pushing the car. It was so cute!! He also looked better today. He wasn't as pale and his nose had cleared up some. He still has a bad cough though. I really don't see how the cough is going to get a lot better because they had him in THREE layers of clothes today! It was about 80 degrees in the orphanage so you can imagine how hot and sweaty he was. The outer layer was a fleece sleeper!! That's always good for a cough! Excuse my sarcasm, but I'm just ready to get him out of there and take care of him. I remember when I was a child if I had been sick or fighting a cough off, if I got hot and sweaty then it would always get worse or I'd relapse.
Anyway, we are going back tomorrow afternoon to see him again. It will probably be Tuesday before we are able to see Dasha. Pray they will allow us to.
I have not been able to upload any pictures of our visit because we are having to use the internet cafe. There isn't anywhere for me to hook up my laptop and they do not speak a bit of English except "internet" for me to ask about using my laptop. The computers that they have here do not have any where to plug in our USB cable from the camera and there is not a slot for the memory card. I'm stuck on uploading pictures for now. Yulia is supposed to help us get mobile internet when she gets here. This cafe is for the birds and I think it is creepy! I will not be coming down here by myself when Rick leaves. This is the first time since we have been here that I have questioned my safety. The guy that is sitting next to me right now is openly watching porn if that gives you any idea! At least there is no volume!! They also have the lights turned out, so between that and the fact that no one speaks English it really sets the creepy tone.
Well, I'm going to run. Thank you all for your prayers.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Our Last Two Visits
Posted by kristynewb at Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Thanks for the update, Kristy. I'm so glad they let you visit with JP over the weekend. We are still waiting on a date, but I hope to see you in a few weeks.
I'll be praying that starting on Tuesday you will be able to visit with Dasha as well.
~Lisa
I don't understand their "layering" methods at all. Poor little guy is burning up and not feeling good. Can't wait for you to take custody of him! Praying you will be able to visit Dasha on Tuesday.
Christy
I am so glad that your visits are going so well with JP. Ethan is going to love the fact that he likes cars too. I can't wait to see them playing together. I too remember how much more you and Shane coughed when you got hot. Praying that you will get to see Dasha Tues. Also praying for mobile internet. I love the updates but not at the expense of your safety. Enjoy yourselves. I love you both. MOM
OMG porn? LOL I hope you get better internet services soon! So good to hear things are going so well with JP! Praying also you will get to see sweet Dasha on Tuesday. Ugh, I wish you could take her now. :( Update again when you can.
Thanks for the update. I am sorry that you are having to wait to see Dasha and get Roma out of there. It will not be long now. Hopefully you can find a new place to get on the internet soon- I don't think that sounds like much fun either-YIKES.
Kayla
Post a Comment