This afternoon we picked John Paul up from the orphanage! He is offically ours and in my custody! I'm so happy to have him out of there!
We left the orphanage and took a taxi to get his passport picture made and his passport application submitted. He did really good in the car and held my hands the entire way there. I took one hand from him to move my hair out of my eyes and he grabbed my hand and pulled it back into his lap. His little eyes were darting all over the place and he was really taking in everything that he saw.
Then once we got back to the aprartment we played for a little while and then fed him some porridge. He ate the entire bowl and then wanted more! So I fed him all that was made. He cried a little bit, but then settled down and played some more. I didn't see how he could still be hungry and I didn't want to make him sick. Then I gave him a bath. Which he did not like! Well, he was okay until I washed his hair and then he started crying. It was so pitiful! I haven't heard him cry like that before. He sounded a lot younger than he is. Really it sounded like a baby cry. Poor little guy. But once I got his diaper on him he cheered up. And he seemed to really like it when I put lotion on him.
After that he played with his toys and Yulia and I sat down to eat our supper. He started crying again and came over to the table. I mashed up some potatoes and tried to feed him those, but he was not having it! He started crying these big croccodile tears so I grabbed some yogurt out of the refrigerator. That he liked! He at the entire thing! He did slow down toward the end so I knew he was full for sure. I am just so relieved and happy that he is eating!!! He even drank some juice from a bottle for me! I didn't cut the huge hole in it because I wanted to see if he would drink from a regular bottle. That and I want to be able to give him drink on the way home without being drenched in liquid on the plane. He did just fine without the big hole. I think that is more for convenience for the care takers. I'm sure it makes the feeding go faster.
I put him down to go to sleep around 8:00. He just layed there and looked around, but he seemed tired. He only got half of his nap today because we had to take him out to get the passport. He fussed just a little. Just a few whimpers and a kick or two to the covers. I think he was more fussing to get comfortable. Then he went to sleep. He did great all day today!!
I am so glad to have him with me. He smells so good now! :) Tomorrow we are going to go see Dasha. We didn't have time to see her today. I wonder what John Paul is going to think about the bus.
I'll update more tomorrow with pictures. It has been a busy day and I haven't had time to post download my pictures yet.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Posted by kristynewb at Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





15 comments:
Yeah! I can't wait to see pictures. I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!
AWESOME SO GLAD YOU HAVE JOHN PAUL WITH YOU NOW!!!! ENJOY YOUR SON. SO SORRY DASHA HAS TO WAIT FOR YOU TO COME BACK. ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR TRIP. JODY
The first time I heard Ava cry was when I bathed her too. I am so happy for you Kristy! Can't wait to see photos, I keep thinking of how loved they both will be. Say hello to Yulia!
Yeah!!! I am so happy you have him with you. That had to make you feel good! Congratulations!
Kayla
It sounds like a great first day. Amanda also cries like a baby much younger than herself, it is alarming the first time you hear it, and ours was also her bath. :o) We wanted to wash that orphanage smell away, but it stays for a while, she still smells the same way, Kara did for a while too.
I am so happy for you!
YAY!! I am so excited for you both! Cannot wait to talk to you- have fun with him.
Oh YAY!!! What a great post, I especially loved the part about him pulling your hand back. What an amazing feeling, to walk into your apartment for the first time WITH him! Can;t wait to see new pictures of you and all of the others as well. ---Andrea Roberts, Reece's Rainbow DS Adoption Ministry!
I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures!
Kristy,
This is a BLESSED day for you and JP. I am filled with emotion that he will be loved for the rest of his life by a Mommy and Daddy and soon a little sister.:)
Amy
congratulations i been followingyour story for a few weeks now i pray that things go ok for dasha and that you are able to bring her home soon
This has to be so scary for him...so many new sights, etc and it's only just begun!
Continuing to pray!
Psalms 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Prayer Bears
Congratulations! and hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly.
Renia
YEAH!! I am so glad he is finally with you and you guys can enjoy time away from the orphange. That is good news on the yogurt too, my Lexy eats very little variety, but being able to add another food item should give you hope!! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Congrats on getting your son! I pray that everything else from here on out goes smoothly for you.
Oh, sooo glad you have your son with you and that he is eating.
Post a Comment