Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another Good Couple of Days





The last two days have been good days. John Paul and Dasha are starting to play together really well. John Paul kept trying to lick Dasha's hair today. I think that was his way of kissing her. It was really sweet. He was less jealous of her today. She was laughing when I was bouncing her on my knee and John Paul started laughing too. Three days ago he was trying to push her out of my lap every time I held her. lol! He's doing great! And so is Dasha. Each day she is happier than the last and she loves to laugh and smile now. And John Paul is always laughing and smiling. Well, except when the care givers come out and open the door to show him the outside. It's getting really old since they won't allow him to go outside. It's cruel in my opinion because they are just toying with him and then he cries and throws a tantrum. As could be expected since he loves it outside! Today when they did this and he started screaming one of the caregivers came out to see what was going on. She really likes John Paul a lot and she didn't seem to think it was near as funny as the other two did. It was obvious that she was not happy about it. She asked me if I wanted her to take him. I guess because he was screaming, bucking, and crying. It was like the really bad fit that he threw the other day except that he wasn't throwing toys and I knew the cause of it today. It made me upset that they would instigate him like that. I told her no and took him and sat him on my lap. He cried for about another minute, sniffled, and then started playing with the piano. This is the third time that they have done this with the door and outside. I'm not sure what the logic is behind it unless they just think that it is cute that he will walk to the door and go out. I think it's mean and if it happens again then I will have to have Yulia talk to them. It's one thing if they will let him go out, but otherwise it just breaks his heart that he can't go out. And he doesn't really care unless they show him the door and make a big deal out of it.

But I was so happy that he is comfortable with me now and that he calmed down for me when he wouldn't stop crying for them. Of course, I wasn't the one rubbing the door to outside under his nose either. Only nine more days before he gets to leave that place and then he can have all of the outdoors and freedom that his little heart desires. It's still breaking my heart that we have to leave Dasha a while longer.

But I thank God that John Paul is feeling secure with me now and that I was able to give him comfort today when he was upset. That meant so much to me!

11 comments:

Dolores said...

This is so encouraging! It's too bad that you may lose some of this while Dasha is waiting to come home, but it'll come back. They will act like siblings, don't worry. It's sweet to see them attach to each other.
Dolores

Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess I should have checked the blog today before asking you about pictures. LOL
They are so great!!! What beautiful children John Paul and Dasha are. I can't wait until they are home with you.
~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! The kids are adorable!

Andrea Roberts said...

So glad to see the new pics and hear that things are still going well. You will forever remember that as "the couch"! lol I know these days drag by like an eternity, but you will soon be home with John Paul. It must break your heart to leave Dasha, but all for His purpose. Miss having you here to chat with!---ANdrea Roberts, Reece's Rainbow DS Adoption Ministry

Carson's Mom said...

I love the new pictures! It will not be long and you will be able to let John Paul play all he wants outside. I know it can't come soon enough- except for leaving Dasha behind. Both children are precious!

Kayla

Arizona mom to eight said...

What is with those orphanage workers? Who can guess? I hope they stop that cruel game soon.

The kids look so sweet in their pictures, so huggable, they are lucky to have you as their mommy! Their love for each other will grow and they will play together well soon. Meghan and Kara are fast friends now, laughing and playing. It is good to see, so now we integrate sweet Amanda into their duo, should be fun. :o)

Julie said...

They are just too adorable!

Bethany said...

I'm loving the pics! Gosh, it seems like you have been there forever! Praying you can come home soon!

junglemama said...

I love the pictures!

Dolores said...

The photos of the kids together are so precious!!! what adorable babies, my goodness aren't they perfect?!

WheresMyAngels said...

Omgosh they are both so cute!