Thank you everyone that posted comments. They really meant a lot to us! The last couple of days have been good. All of the children are still sick so I have not been able to observe John Paul eat yet. But luckily they have allowed me to visit with both children. Rick left for Kiev on the train after court and he finally just arrived home a few hours ago.
I'm out here alone for now. Our facilitator will be back after the ten day wait is up. Both children have done great for me the last couple of days. I didn't know how difficult it would be with the two of them and no one to help. It's not like it would be at home. Home would be easier because John Paul could get on the floor and play. Plus he would have a lot more toys to entertain himself with at home. :) Here I have to keep them both on the couch. They don't want him on the floor. And we can't go outside because they are both still sick. But both have been little angels the last two days in spite of being sick.
John Paul did get a little jealous of Dasha the last two days. She doesn't sit up well on her own so I had her on my lap holding her and he tried to push her out of my lap. Fortunately I am stronger. lol! Then he tried to climb in my lap and sit on top of her. I finally had to sit her on the couch and put my bag beside of her so she wouldn't fall over. She was very cooperative and I played with her with a toy in one hand and entertained JP with a toy with my other hand. That was going well until he stole her toy. Then I had to sit him down beside her on the couch. Then they just passed toys back and forth. He threw a toy at her and I had to tell him NO. He covered his little face and looked ashamed, which broke my heart. But they will both have to learn. So I gave him a hug and a kiss and all was well again. He saw me kiss Dasha and leaned forward to her like he was going to kiss her head, but when he got there he just smiled. They are really cute together. They already act like brother and sister, fighting over mama and toys and everything!
I wish I could take them both home now. I do wonder how he will act toward her after he has had us and all of the toys to himself for a few months. He'll have the roost ruled by then. lol! Right now he goes between stealing toys from her and then later giving them back. There are enough toys for both of them though. They just have favorites that they take from eachother. I don't think he's decided if he wants to share with her or not. He likes her though. He's a sweet little boy. She steals toys from him too! He's just more effective at taking them from her because he is stronger and faster. She's more sneaky about it. She moves in slow and then when he isn't looking she takes it. They are quite comical together. I'm really enjoying my time with both of them. They are so sweet.
We got some antibiotics for the group today. The type that they need right now was not ordered with the donations. So I ventured out to the pharmacy and our facilitator talked to the pharmacist and I was able to get the medicine. Hopefully this will help and I will be able to see JP eat soon!! They've all been sick for a while and I guess without antibiotics they just can't get rid of it. Poor kids. :(
Thursday, July 10, 2008
The Last Couple of Days
Posted by kristynewb at Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Oh Kristy, SO glad things are going markedly better for you now! Am glad Rick was able to get home too. Bet he loved a night in that fancy hotel in Amsterdam! I know you feel alone, but I assure you, you have more friends *with* you right now than ever before! Just remember that when you're there by yourself...that somewhere, someone is 7 hours behind you or 10 hours behind you, and when you're sleepinh, we're reading! Love to all of you! ---Andrea Roberts, Reece's Rainbow DS Adoption Ministry
KRISTY, SO GLAD THINGS ARE GOING BETTER . WE LOVE THE PICTURES OF THE KIDDOS, SO CUTE. DASHA IS VERY BEAUTIFUL AND JOHN PAUL IS SOOOO HANDSOME. SO HAPPY YOUR ARMS WILL BE FULL SOON. ENJOY YOUR STAY.
I am glad things are going well. I do admire your strength to be there by yourself. But, do know that we are all here praying for you and God is with you always. I can't wait to read that you are on the way home.
Kayla
Wow, you're doing great!!!!
Dolores
Kristy,
I remember the feeling of being left in Ukraine after Dh and Meghan left, such a lonely feeling, even with the visits to the orphanage. I am so happy to see both children sitting with you, I know you have to be sad to not be able to bring Sasha home right now.
It sounds like everything is going very well for you, I am so happy that John Paul is opening up more.
John Paul will remember her when you come back for her adoption! We are busy here and Kara is not happy to have a sister so far, but we have only been home 3 days!
Post a Comment