Monday, July 7, 2008

Today's Visit & Court Tomorrow (Maybe)

We went to the orphanage this afternoon and we had a good visit with John Paul. He took six independent steps!! That was so great!! I didn't offer him anything to eat or drink today. I decided I would give it a rest. When we first got there we had permission to watch JP eat. But Dasha spiked a fever while we were visiting with them and after they took her away they said that we could not stay to watch JP eat.

The majority of the children in their group are sick and running fevers. They are all passing around the same illness. It's no wonder that they don't get any better. They have that place locked down like Fort Knox. They close all of the windows and it is hot as Hades in there. Plus they dress the children like it is winter time. They need to air that place out and get some of the germs out of there. At least that's my theory. I was wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt in there today and I was sweating. It was probably in the upper 80's in there. And that was out where the couch is. I'm sure the children's room is even hotter because they are packed in there like sardines and everyone breathing would certainly make it hotter. Insanity.

Anyway, please pray that all of the babies will get better soon. It's sad that they all feel bad. Plus, we really need to see JP eat and we won't be able to see either one of them if they are running a fever. :( Plus we aren't allowed to take them outside while the other children are sick. I can't wait to get him out of there. I'm so sad that we have to leave Dasha here. It scares me for her. But I guess if she's survived two years of it then she will be okay. I'm praying that we don't end up sick. I did bring medicine though. I just don't want to feel yucky in this heat. I can only imagine how the babies must feel. The good thing is that our orphanage dontation was for medicine for the special need's room. They said that was what they most needed. They also said that the special need's group is the poorest group because no one ever adopts those children. John Paul will be the first. He's making history!! :) So if anyone ever wanted to make a humanitarian aid donation for a good cause, this would be an excellent opportunity to donate to this group of children. They really need help.

So we had a good day today with the exception of Dasha getting sick and not being able to watch JP eat. He cried when they took him away today. He looked at us and cried until we couldn't see him anymore. :( I felt sorry for him, but I was glad that he didn't want to leave us. I guess he's starting to like us. :) The care taker said that he cries a little bit each day after we leave. I'm so glad that he's getting used to us and wants us around.

And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM!! I LOVE YOU!