First of all thanks everyone who has been and are praying! And thank you to Lynn for always being so faithful in praying for our family! Lynn started praying for us and for Chloe back when Chloe was in the hospital being treated for Leukemia. She continued to carry our family in prayer through the loss of Chloe and throughout both of our adoptions. She's just a really special person and dedicated prayer warrior. We really appreciate her prayers and the support that she has given us through out everything. What is even more special about Lynn is that we were complete strangers to her when she started praying for us. But that didn't matter to her. She saw a family in need and unselfishly dedicated her time to write encouraging comments and to pray for us. We have never met Lynn and only know her through the comments she has left for us on Chloe's journal at Caring Bridge and on here. Lynn, we just want you to know how much we appreciate you and for all of your support, the love, and dedication that you have offered our family. The scriptures you have left have also really spoken to me at numerous points through all of this. I always look forward to seeing your comments and it is so awesome that you are still here! :) We are so thankful for you!! Thank you so much!!
And now to answer your questions.
Q: So how long were you there last time? I can't remember.
A: It was right at 5 weeks, give or take a few days.
Q: Any chance you'll be home for Christmas?
A: Unfortunately not. I'm hoping we'll get a court date by Christmas, but
even if we do we will have to wait 10 days before we can begin to get her
passport, new birth certificate, and visa to come home. I am guessing that
we'll be back toward the last two weeks of January. But from what I understand
they celebrate Christmas in January over there and I'm not sure if that may slow
things down for us. I have been told that Dec. and Jan. are the worst times of
the year to go adopt due to their holidays. But we shall see. :) I'm praying it
will go fast because I really want to be able to get back to John Paul ASAP.
And thank you MamaPoRuski for the compliment on our blog! I'm glad you like it. I took the top picture of Dasha in April and she just happened to have Christmas lights on her sleeper. Maybe God was trying to tell me she was going to be our Christmas present? :) Thank you for your prayers as well!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Thank You and More Answers
Posted by kristynewb at Saturday, December 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
We're supposed to arrive in EE on the 13th. I really hope we can meet you.
Joy
It's a blessing for me to be able to pray for your family!
Wow, didn't realize it was 5 weeks last time. I just have no concept of time anymore. I blink and lose days! Sorry the holidays could make your trip even longer. All things are in the Lord's Hands and He'll get you through this!!!!!!!
Praying in Seattle right now!
Psalms 34:7-10 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
Prayer Bears
I am so happy you are going back for Dasha! It must have been a long, hard wait. I'll be praying for your family.
So is the time dragging until Saturday or is it flying by? You ready to head out?
I was reading in Job last night and for the first time the words really hit my heart as well as my head. I could feel the agony Job was going through. Besides his whole livelihood, he lost all TEN of his children in one moment! His agony just flows through his words in Job, yet in the midst of all that come THE most beautiful Gospel. May these words comfort you, and know I'm praying.
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
Kristy,
Any chance Dasha and Liza (of the Angel Tree and of the big beautiful blue eyes) are in the same baby home? If so, please let me know. My daughter is dying to send Liza a Christmas gift. She is bugging me daily. Just a shot.....
Lynn,
Time is going by really fast because I am so busy trying to get things done. I am driving to NC tomorrow to take John Paul to my mom's house.
Thanks again!!
Kelly,
Liza is not in the same orphanage. :( I wish she was, I would take it to her for you. I'm not sure where she is, but I know she is not at the same place Dasha is because I have seen all of the children there with DS except for a new infant girl. How sweet of your daughter!!
Bummer...I promised my daughter I would try to find a way for her to get a gift to Liza, Oh well, we will keep trying. She doesn't mind if it is after Christmas, because she says she will have more money to buy her a better gift. LOL. Have a wonderful trip. Glad Dash is coming home soon.
I'm praying for you guys! Can't wait to see you all home :)
It's getting close to Saturday!
Know that I'm here continuing to pray!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Prayer Bears
Email Me
Praying so as you head out tomorrow!
Psalms 65:2 O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.
Prayer Bears
Email Me
Post a Comment