Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Incredible Journey & Dasha Pics!

We are FINALLY home! We had quite the ordeal. Once we checked in at the KLM desk in Kiev they told us there were problems with our tickets and told us to go to the transfer desk once we arrived at Amsterdam. Once in Amsterdam they told us that our ticket prices had not been adjusted from where we changed our departure date. We paid it online and even had a conformation number, but KLM apparently does not have good communication with NWA via their computer systems. After about an hour at the desk they called NWA and got it all straightened out. We never did figure out what the problem actually was, but they finally printed our tickets and sent us on our way. The rest of the flight was uneventful and went smoothly. Then we got in the car and headed for home. About 3 miles from the airport our SUV broke down. It went completely dead and it got pretty cold while we waiting on the side of the road for two hours on a tow truck. So then we piled up in the tow truck and finally came home. What a journey! We think that it is just the battery from where it had been sitting. But at 2:00 in the morning there aren't really any options for getting a new battery. We were at least able to laugh about it all as we sat in the cold waiting. I told Rick we were making memories. The tow truck driver had a southern accent so that was nice to hear in Northern Virginia as soon as we got back to the U.S.! In spite of the delirium caused by no sleep, I knew I was home at last! So now Rick is off getting a new battery to see if that is the problem. Of course the SUV started right up after we got home. But with the lights dimming and the fuel injectors not getting gas to the engine I figure it is either the battery or the computer. We're praying for the battery!

And now the long awaited pictures of sweet Miss Dasha....

These pictures are the first day we saw her (again).
Later The Same Day
Playing With Tissue Paper From Her Gift Bag So This Is a Christmas Present



I have more pictures and some video too that I will post later.

18 comments:

Bethany said...

OMG could she be any cuter! Holy smokes she is beautiful!

I guess you have to laugh at the obstacles you have encountered ... if not you just cry. I wish I could have helped you when your car broke down since I'm right here. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! She is absolutely gorgeous and those pigtails? So cute (I have always liked unique hairdos!)....glad you made it home- sounds like you handled the diversions in your path better than I would have...can't wait to see your sweetheart home, in our thoughts and prayers...

THE CAMPBELL FAMILY said...

Oh my she is so beautiful!!!
I hope you will go back soon and bring her home forever.

Jody

Amanda Jones said...

What an ordeal! I'm sorry that you had to deal with all that.

Dasha is BEAUTIFUL! Oh my goodness! BEAUTIFUL!

Amanda

Carson's Mom said...

I am glad you are back home and safe. Hopefully all of the obstacles are finished and the next trip will go smoothly.

Kayla

Mandy said...

Oh Kristy - I'm in tears looking at Dasha's pictures - she HAS hair!!! And those beautiful blue eyes......I can't believe the change in her - what a precious doll baby!!!!!

grammygwen said...

Proud Grammy here. She is beautiful!!! Can't wait to get her home. It was great talking to you and hope to see you tomorrow. I love you. Mom

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Oh wow she is SOOOO adorable!!! She's changed so much since her last pics!!! She looks so much older! I can't WAIT until she is home with you!!! SOON!!!

Liz said...

Dasha is absolutely adorable!!!! Her hairdo reminded me of our Dasha's hairdos while we were in Ukraine. Gotta love it!!!

I can't wait to see her home with you all very soon!! :)

wvamom said...

She is simply beautiful! So glad you finally made it home, but I know you can't wait to go back and bring her home now!
Carolyn from WV

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! I can't believe how much she's changed in 2 short months. It's obvious that they've been taking very good care of her.

Andrea Roberts said...

My goodness, she has grown so much since the last pics we have of her! She is just darling! Congrats and welcome home (for now!)----Andrea

Alexandra Mikaela - Awareness Warrior said...

Oh my goodness, what a precious smile! And I'm sure there are many more to come! I'm so thankful that your financial situation was solved, thanks to so many wonderful people!!! Talk about a Christmas miracle! =D

Alice said...

It looks like you were incredibly blessed this Christmas!! I am so, soo happy for you!! Have fun with John Paul until you get to go back for your beautiful daughter!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!!! You are all 3 glowing in the pics. Can't wait until you can go back to get her. Congratulations! I am so thankful God provided the funding for you to go back and bring your precious daughter home.

Arizona mom to eight said...

I am so happy you are home safely and your financial woes have been put to rest (Thank you HF for the gift) Praying your car is an easy fix, meaning inexpensive...Dasha is so precious, I know it was difficult to leave her behind again. You have had quite an interesting journey!! praying the rest is unevenful.

Rachel said...

Wow! She is sooo pretty! I will be praying for your family as you bring her home soon!

Christina said...

Oh she is so beautiful!! I cannot believe how much older she looks - and all of that hair!

I cannot wait to see her in your arms for good!