We have been visiting with Dasha since Friday and she is just so precious! Her hair has grown a lot and she has gained weight. She looks much healthier overall. I cannot post pictures because we are using the internet cafe and there is no way to upload the pics here. :( Our apartment this time does not have internet and we cannot afford to get it this time. She fell asleep when I was holding her this afternoon. She is such a sweet little soul! We just love her so much!
We found out after our SDA appointment on Wednesday that we were given the incorrect price for our second adoption. We were told that we would be given a discount to help out, but apparently there was some MAJOR miscommunication. We are currently $2,000 short of the amount needed to complete our adoption of Dasha. Not only that, but with their holidays over here we cannot even get a court date until after Jan. 12th. We do not have our court date confirmed yet, but we do know it will be after the 12th. So that means we also have to buy another set of round trip tickets. Rick has to go back to work and it is just as expensive for me to stay here that long as to return home. And I cannot leave John Paul that long anyway! Even with us paying the additional $2,000 our facilitator is working for free just to help us get Dasha home! You cannot imagine how devastated we have been over here since Wednesday! On one hand I am so thrilled to see Dasha again and on the other hand I am terrified that we are not going to be able to come up with the additional funds to come back for her. We wish that we would have known we were given incorrect information before we came out here because we could have waited a few months to come up with the additional funds. We were just going on what we were told back in June. We had no idea that there was a problem at all until right after we received our referral.
We have no idea what we are going to do about this. We had budgeted for the price we were given, not this new price. Right now this seems impossible to come up with this amount of money, but I know that God can work it out.
I am honestly at a loss for words about it. I just wish that we had known ahead of time so that we could have waited instead of getting here unprepared and having to stress about how we are going to come up with all of this extra money in a matter of a few weeks.
The hardest thing is that we find ourselves asking God for a miracle to not let us lose another two year old little girl that we love beyond what words can express. It gives me a lump in my throat just thinking about it. I believe that everything will work out and that God will provide for us to be able to bring Dasha home, I just don't know how right now.
Please just pray for this situation and if anyone feels led to donate, I have put a paypal buton at the top right corner of this blog. We will appreciate all the prayers and any donations that may given more than we can express!!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Dasha
Posted by kristynewb at Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





31 comments:
Oh Kristy, I'm so sorry things are working out like this! :( I hope you are able to come up with the funds, through donations or whatever. I'm off to donate! :)
PS ... My donation will show up as The Polkadot Platypus, that is my business account. :)
Oh Kristy,
I will pray it all works out, Dasha must come home to her forever family!!! Can i post your blog and info , on our blog to help raise money for you??
Hugs~Jody
Prayers for you in this situation.
Lu
http@//thepoppiesblog.blogspot.com
We are praying for you! We love you and we know God will make a way. I'm going to refer people to your blog post on my blog. I'm so sorry for these road blocks, but we all know God is bigger!!! I can't wait to see what He will do in order to bring sweet Dasha home.
Praying for you and hoping that all works out, and I'm sure it will!! Merry Christmas!
I am praying that God will work a miracle for you. Sending BIG HUGS!!!
Kayla
I'm praying, Kristy.
Praying HARD for that money!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about the additional costs. We're praying for God to work a miracle here.
HUGS
Amanda
I wish I could do more! I am praying the Lord provides quickly to put your mind at ease!
Oh Krisy I am so sorry you are facing this stressful situation! As I watch airfare costs every single day, constantly worrying over falling short of what we need, I can only imagine how worried you must be when you are truly so close to the end.
I hope you don't mind, I posted about this and put a button for Dasha on my blog and I will share this with all of my friends and message boards. I wish we could help you generously right now ourselves, but I will do all I can do to help you guys.
Stay strong, it WILL work out!
call "home" for $1000. pop steve can help. signed, "the step-monster"
call "home" for $1000. pop steve said he'd help. signed, "the step-monster"
Oh Kristy! I am praying hard for you! Our God is a God of miracles and I believe He has a wonderful one planned for you all. I will be praying in that belief for you.
Give your sweet Dasha a hug from me. ((hugs))
Kristin
Praying for your family - you are NOT alone!!!!!
I can't imagine how this must feel for you. Please know that we'll be praying, and I'll be linking from my blog to encourage others to follow our lead to give and to lift you up in prayer.
donated.
So close to christmas. I have faith you will raise the money that you need. Praying for you
Oh I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe they can just say oops and you have to pay so much more!
Continuing to pray so very hard!
Psalms 28:6-9 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.
Prayer Bears
My email address
Oh, Kristy. I am so sorry for the many unexpected road blocks in your journey. Please know that lots of people are holding you and your family in prayer.
Hugs and prayers,
Natalie (RR)
I'm getting the word out today about your situation! I will post about this on my blog, and then send out an email to everyone I know to see if someone out there can help you out financially. Don't lose hope! God is able...and just...and good!
Kerry RR
I didn't realize that Christina had made a button for Dasha ... I made one for her last night too. If anyone is interested in putting it on their blog the code is posted on our blog.
Amanda
joneseeadoption.blogspot.com
Hi Kristy, we are all praying for you! The first donation was from me and the second was from mom. love ya!
It is very easy to get an immediate adoption loan from this company, just fill out the online application and it is deposited in your account in 2 days. You husband can wire you the amount you need or go pay for plane tickets for you when he returns to the US:
http://www.firstagain.com/Rates/
Donated - and praying for your family.
Katya (RR)
donated - and praying for your family
Katya (RR)
I know that God will supply what you need to bring precious Dasha home! Are you working with an agency that suddenly changed their prices? I am so sorry! But I do believe that God will give you the money you need, and I will be praying that He will bless you so abundantly!
Praying and giving! HUGS TO ALL!
I found you through Renee. I hope you get to bring her home soon.
Kristy,
I am so sorry to be so late in responding. I am just reading this today. I am praying for you, my friend. God does indeed know all about this need and as much as you love your daughter, He loves her even more. He has a way to bring her home to you.
We are holding you tight in prayer.
Post a Comment