Thursday, June 5, 2008

Update on Roma and Dasha

We just got word a little earlier that Roma is already on the transfer list and can be transferred any day now. The orphanage would not agree to keep him held there and they said that there is no reason for them to keep him there.

He is scheduled to be transferred to Torez Children's Home for invalids. Invalids is not my wording!

We have no choice but to submit our dossier as quickly as possible and get him the heck out of there ASAP!! Our dossier should be submitted tomorrow for Roma.

We will have to return for Dasha. There is simply no way around it. I cannot allow Roma to spend any more time at Torez than necessary. Our facilitator is trying to get Roma held at the baby home for 2 to 3 more weeks. And she asked me if we will be able to travel within the next 2 to 3 weeks. She's trying to keep him from being transferred before we get there. Pray that she can, and if not that God will protect him until we get there. Also, please pray for a quick approval and travel date. It is literally a race against his transfer!

Thank you for your prayers! They are being heard and answered!! And praise God that Roma was found!!!!! I can't wait to get him home!!

On a funny note, we decorated both of our spare bedrooms for girls!! Roma (John Paul) will be hanging out in his choice of a pink room or else a pink and green room until we can get some paint and redecorate. Although, I don't think he'll mind. :)

4 comments:

Alice said...

I am praying now and will keep praying for Roma's protection and a speedy trip! I am sorry you were unable to get Nadia, but I am so happy for Roma and Dasha!!!

Carson's Mom said...

Hmmm - let me see, pink room or Torez - I have this feeling John Paul will be chosing the pink room. I am so excited that Roma is there and you will be going very quickly to get him. God is good all the time and He has always had this little boy just for you. I am very sorry you will have to make 2 trips, but I am so thankful you will be getting Roma out of there!

Kayla

Anonymous said...

Know I'm still here praying!

Dolores said...

I'm so happy for Roma/John Paul, that he will have a family so soon!
And by the way, an aquaintance of mine who is from Russia had her baby dressed all in pink when I met them. I thought it was a girl but she said "his name is Philip". She said, "In Russia, pink means baby."
I know John Paul isn't in Russia, but I'm guessing they don't mind a pink bedroom for their babies. You can paint it "baby blue" like his eyes later. ;o)
Dolores