We leave from Washington-Dulles Intl. D.C. Airport tomorrow at 5:35 p.m. and we are scheduled to arrive in Kiev-Borispol Airport on Sunday at 4:35 p.m.
I'm still just getting everything together to take with us. I've been really busy!
I'll be posting updates and pictures from Ukraine as the internet becomes available. I can't wait to see John Paul again!! I wonder if he'll remember me? I hope he does, but if not he's a laid back little guy and he's social and friendly so all will be well. I hope. :) I hope that he handles the crowds and being out in public okay. I know when we all went in the room that he was in he started to cry a little. I think that we overwhelmed him. Which is expected because we knew him from his pictures, but he didn't know us. We all kind of charged him because we were so excited to see him. I guess that would be scary to have a group of people speaking a foreign tongue charge you while you're minding your own business sitting in your little swing! LOL!! He came around though once we backed off. Thus the cute video of him playing with Anya in his swing. He REALLY liked Anya!
I can't wait to get him in a normal diaper and a pair of shoes that fit and see if he can walk any better. The little shoes he had on were about two sizes too big and his diaper (which was actually a wad of clothes rolled up and tucked under his bottom) was huge. He walked around while holding onto furniture and he also sat himself on the edge of a chair. I think he'll be walking independently in no time once he gets home. He will have two cats to chase after! lol!! They were a big motivator for Chloe. :)
Well, off to do more packing...
Friday, June 20, 2008
Our Last Day Before We Leave
Posted by kristynewb at Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Have a great trip, Kristy. We'll be praying for you and looking forward to updates.
Know that I am already praying for a safe trip. I will miss our daily talks but it is worth giving them up to get John Paul home. I can't wait to see all of you when you get home.I will be looking forward to updates and photos. Give John Paul a big hug and a kiss from Grammy and give Dasha lots of hugs and kisses too. I love you. MOM
Best wishes on your trip!
Praying that God will grant you favor as you travel and meet with the officials.
Blessings,
Heather
(my parents are adopting through RR)
You know I'm praying hard for a safe trip!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kristy,
All of you will be in my prayers that your trip and adoption will go smoothly. John Paul is a very blessed little boy to be getting you for a Mommy. God Bless you!
Amy
I will be watching your flight over, my dear! SO excited for you!---Andrea Roberts, Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
Kristy,
I will miss talking to you, but I am so happy that you are finally going to be able to bring him home! Have a safe trip & will talk with you once you get home.
Christy
I am so excited you are on the way to get that boy home! I hope the process goes by without a hitch. I am praying for you.
Kayla
Post a Comment