Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Getting Ready to Go!

There's not much new going on. I've just been getting ready to go and tying down all of the loose ends. I started to redecorate John Paul's room. I decided to give him the room with the green walls because I didn't feel like painting any time soon. So his room went from girlie pink and green to sports balls! I found a quilt with sports balls that has the same color of green in it. I may paint the walls tan later, but this will work for now. He still has a girlie headboard and footboard, but that will have to wait until we get Dasha home, unless I can find something nice and CHEAP on Craig's List. We're being really careful with our spending! I found a few nice headboards on Craig's List. Hopefully we can find something nice later on. The current girlie headboard was bought used from Craig's List and it looks great! It's white painted wrought iron and it's heart shaped. Not exactly sport ball material. But Dasha can grow into it.

I bought him a few outfits to bring him home in and got him some cute little pajamas. I just bought the necessities because I want to be sure of his size. I'll take him shopping for a few more things when we get him home. My brother also gave me some really cute hand me downs from my little nephew Ethan. They look like new, so he will have some nice things to grow into. Once we get Dasha home and recover from that, we'll take him on a shopping spree!! Dasha won't need anything! I have enough girl clothes to clothe twins, some still have tags on them! Although I will get them both a special Christmas outfit. :)

6 comments:

THE CAMPBELL FAMILY said...

KRISTY, HAVE FUN HOLDING JOHN PAUL AND LOVING HIM. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE NEW PICTURES WITH MOMMY AND DADDY HOLDING HIM. ENJOY YOUR TRIP. HUGS~ JODY

kristynewb said...

Thanks Jody!

Carson's Mom said...

Good luck on your trip. I can't wait to follow along. Be sure you post what size John Paul is- I have a feeling I can share some of Carson's clothes with you.

Kayla

Anonymous said...

Still praying for a safe trip!!!!!!!

kristynewb said...

Kayla, you are so sweet! Thank you so much!!

junglemama said...

You sound so calm! Have a wonderful trip. We'll be heading out on Saturday night.