The last post I mentioned an agency that was possibly going to help us get our home study problem straightened out. I heard back from her today and she agreed to work with us and take over our home study. This is great news, but at the same time it has turned out to be much more expensive than we had anticipated and also it is going to set us further behind than we were originally told. She can't even come out to our house until March 21st (at the earliest) and then it will take her 2 weeks from there. We may have to do this as a last resort.
Our original social worker has made some calls to her contacts at a couple of child placing agencies to see if she can find someone to "take over" and perform this faster & more cost effectively. Honestly, I am praying that she can find someone and it will work out. I don't care who does it as long as they have a valid child placing agency license and can do it fast! Our first option doesn't appear to be that fast, but it could end up being our only hope. I should know more later today, I hope!
On the positive side, all of our dossier documents will be notarized and completed, as long as our bank notary will go down the block to notarize our medical statements, tomorrow. That is with the exception of our USCIS approval and state background check that should be here in the next couple of weeks. USCIS has our home study and I was told that we should be hearing something soon (as long as they are ok with our home study, pray that they will be). Brenda's other clients haven't had any issues with USCIS not approving them due to the home study, so I'm just praying that we won't either! We had already received our state background check a month ago, but the notary's commission is going to expire 3/18/08. So now we are having to wait for his new stamp to arrive because he is the only person that notarizes the background checks for the state of WV. Absolutely ridiculous! And from what I was told he has a pile of background checks to notarize once he gets his stamp. Hopefully ours won't be lost & will be sent out quickly!! It just makes me nervous knowing that our background check has been lying on someone's desk for a month, especially when he is piled up with tons of other requests! I'm just praying and trying to trust God in all of this. It is certainly a test of my faith. But it's all in God's hands, I've learned that.
Please keep us in your prayers and pray that God will give us guidance as to which direction to go with the home study issue. Either way, we need to get on the ball ASAP, because time is ticking away for Nadia. :( Also, please pray that the rest of our documents will come through quickly and accurate.
Thanks for all of your prayers and support, we really appreciate it!
Friday, March 7, 2008
Still Trying to Work This Out
Posted by kristynewb at Friday, March 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Oh Kristy, I will be praying for you and will have my pastor pray for you as well. I hope all goes well.
Praying so that it all works out!
Post a Comment