Just as we thought that we were going to have to go with the new VERY expensive agency tomorrow, our original social worker called and told me that the agency that works with special needs foster children agreed to work with us!
We are working the details out next week, as it was almost 5:00 when the answer was given. We're not sure of the cost involved yet, but the newest agency told our social worker that it would be a small fraction of the cost that the other agency was going to charge. The newest agency said that they would do everything possible to help us get this worked out within the next two weeks. Praise God!
They will meet us and make sure that all of the state and Hague requirements have been met. We just completed our parent training requirements for the Haugue Convention, so that's taken care of.
So, praise God for that HUGE answered prayer!!! Thank you all for your prayers!!! It's funny how God often chooses to work things out at the last minute. I think He's trying to get my attention to have patience and trust in Him more. lol All of the worrying, griping, and stressing that I have done, and here God comes the day before we are getting ready to go with another agency, and spend a crazy amount of money to get it done, with an answer to our prayer. He's probably thinking, "And let that be a lesson to you." lol
Lesson learned, thank you God! Hopefully, I won't need another lesson for a little while! lol And if I do, hopefully I'll handle it with more trust and peace in the Lord. It's hard, when you so badly want to get the children out of there and it seems like things are going wrong and stacking up against "your" plan. But I just have to remember that God has His own plan and sometimes I need to get out of His way!!
I am so thankful that we have a patient God that loves us in our state of humanness.
He must have a sense of humor as He watches us meddle and try to fix what we think is going wrong.
Friday, March 14, 2008
He's an On Time God!
Posted by kristynewb at Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great news! Praying all continues to go well now!
This is awesome!!!!:)
Amy
What wonderful news! YEA GOD!!!!
This is wonderful news! We only just found your blog from Chloe's site! We are absolutely thrilled about the two new ones! We are definitely praying for you and the girls and this entire process!
Lucille & William
Hopefully all of this will go very quickly now. I am glad you have a better solution.
Kayla
Post a Comment