The great news is that we received our I-171h today! They told us 6 to 8 weeks and it would have been 5 weeks tomorrow.
The bad news is that the special needs child placing agency that was supposed to take over our home study is now saying that they may not be able to help us. Apparently, she thought that we live in Charleston instead of Charles Town. Now they are saying that they are only licensed in region 1 of WV, which does not include our county. She is going to check with the licensing department to see if they can help us this one time.
I looked up the WV application for Child Placing Agency License, and sure enough you have to list the counties that you are going to work in. I cannot imagine that they will help us now. It seems to me that a STATE license should cover the STATE, not just certain counties. But who knows?
I am really sick by this since I could have had our home study taken care of last Saturday, even though it would have cost us A LOT more money. At this point, I am just fed up and want it done.
I don't really know what we are going to do now. I emailed the other agency to see if she can come out this Saturday.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Great News, Bad News, Another Lesson Begins
Posted by kristynewb at Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment