Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Update & Prayer Request

The special needs foster agency is not going to be able to help us, as I anticipated. I talked to our new social worker today (with the more expensive agency) and she is going to come out on March 28th to meet us and "update" our home study. Today when I spoke to her, she was already working on entering our home study info into their agency format. She said that she will have it completed in time for our trip on April 11th. However, after I told her that it had to be apostilled, before we could submit it to the SDA, she seemed less confident.

I would LOVE to have our dossier submitted on our trip, but it's all in God's hands and He has the perfect timing already worked out. Even it we don't get it submitted on our trip, we are still moving ahead quickly and the paperwork is finally coming to an end! I am still thanking & praising God that we received our I-171h (immigration approval)!!

Bottom line is though, that Nadia is scheduled for transfer in July so every day, much less week, is counting against her being transferred.

Also, we are still waiting on our state background check to come back for the second time. The first notary expired on March 18,2008, so it was basically expired when I got it.

So just be praying that they will send our state background check in time for it to be aspotilled and returned to me before I leave April 11th. And also that our home study will be completed, apostilled, and returned to me before April 11th. Thanks!!

Also, I have a prayer request for a infant girl that just had heart surgery. I'm not sure if I can disclose her name, but God knows who she is. She has not been doing well after her heart surgery. They are having to use a pace maker because without it, her heart beats spardically. She also has not been able to be taken off of the respirator. One of her lungs has a defect that will require later surgery, and her good lung is starting to collapse. They are keeping a check on her for pneumonia. Please keep this little baby girl in your prayers and ask God to heal her lungs and heart. Also, please pray for the family that has been waiting to adopt her domestically.

Thank you for all of your prayers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Kristy.

Anonymous said...

Still here praying that all will work out. Praying for the precious little one, too.

Anonymous said...

Saying extra prayers this Easter! Oh how I hope that when the next one comes around your children will be home with you!