Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Have Dasha!

Dasha is with me! I took her from the orphanage on Wednesday. I was not expecting to get her that quickly, but everything went really fast! It was an exhauting several days, including a seven hour round trip drive to Kerch. The good thing is that we were only there for two hours waiting on Dasha's new birth certificate, rather than the two to three days we had been told! That was a huge relief!

Now I am just waiting on Dasha's passport to come back. The lady at the passport office said it would probably be Tuesday. But I need it Monday and am praying for it to arrive Monday! Tuesday is too late and we will miss our flight out on Feb. 4th. Not only will it cost a lot more money (for being a day late), but I want to go home! I miss John Paul and Rick! I have been away from JP for so long now and I am just ready to get back home to him. Please pray that passport shows up on Monday and that I can get back to Kiev by Tuesday to get the medical exam and visa. That is what will have to happen for us to fly out on Wednesday the 4th as planned.

Dasha is just delightful! She is so happy to be here! I cannot believe how attached she already is. She loves her baths! She laughs through them. It is the cutest thing! Her personality reminds me so much of how Chloe was...abundant sunshine! I can just look at her and smile and she lights up and smiles from ear to ear. She is such a little joy to have around! She loves to hear music and will dance (sitting down or rocking on her knees) and clap her hands. Tonight she started making sounds like she was trying to sing when I was adding music to the playlist. It was adorable! It didn't sound like words, but it was different than when she babbles. It was obvious she was trying to sing. Absolutely precious! She is wearing a size 6 month. She's a tiny little thing. But she looks healthy, weight wise! She looked much better than she and JP did in July. It is obvious she has been eating well. She is a little thin, but not too thin! She's just really small in general. She does get feisty at meal time though. John Paul was the same way too in the beginning, but he got out of it. I'm sure she will too in time.

I will post some new pics of her tomorrow. It takes a while with the slow connection and I have her here now and need to sleep. She gets up at 6:00 a.m.

18 comments:

grammygwen said...

Praying that you will be able to make the flight on Wed. Can't wait to meet my granddaughter.She is so beautiful. I love seeing you both on the webcam. John Paul says "Hey mama, I love you". I sure am going to miss this little stinker when you take him back home.He is doing really good and having a great time.
I love you and miss you. Mom

Amanda Jones said...

Praying for the passport in time and praying that you make your flight on Feb 4th.

I'm so happy that you have Dasha now, that is wonderful! (And happy that you finally updated this blog lol).

Amanda

Anonymous said...

I'm SO happy for you! I'm praying that passport will arrive exactly when you need it! Please tell everyone there we said hello.
Love,
Lisa

gillian said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Praying that you get to come home on the fourth!

Lund7 said...

Congratulations on finally having her in your arms forever!! She looks like a precious little angel! I am praying that the passport arrives on Monday. Gods blessings to you and your family!

Meredith said...

Congratulations!! It will be a miracle to get the passport a day early and the medical/visas all done in one day, but PRAYING IT HAPPENS!!!

Can't wait to see new pic's :) :)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! I am so thrilled for all of you!

Arizona mom to eight said...

I am so excited for you, having our children with us after waiting so long is so wonderful!

I am praying you get the passport on time.

Heather said...

Congratulations.Our hearts are full of joy for you all.It won't be long now and you will be home with your precious little Dasha.We cannot wait for that news.

amyl4 said...

Congratulations! I'll be praying for that passport to be ready in time!!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Hope everything continues to work out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I'm but a stranger here, Heav'n is my Home"...one of my favorite hymns. It's such a comforting thought! Know that I'm praying!
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Crystal said...

Yeah! I hope you get it in time to make your flight :-).

orphans4me said...

I am so excited that you have DASHA!! She is beautiful. Oh Lord, please let the passport come when it needs to.
Joy

Christy and Kevin said...

Just remember that there are MANY of us keeping you in our prayers!! We are ALL praying that you will be able to come home on time. Dasha is absolutely beautiful and I cannot wait to see her and John Paul together.

Christy

ArtworkByRuth said...

Congratulations! Also praying for a quick passport turn around! God Bless!

MammaMayMiller said...

wondeful news that you are very nearly home...!!! praying you get your passports tomorrow...

junglemama said...

Wooo-hoo! COngrats!

RK said...

How exciting!!! Praying the passport came through (I think I'm late on this...but God is bigger than time!!)