Monday, January 19, 2009

Update

It's way past time for an update! Everything is going well. Dasha and I have had a lot of fun playing over the last few days. This morning when I went though she acted cranky and tired. She also had a cough and started running a fever while I was there. I cuddled her and rocked her and she went to sleep. Yulia talked to the care giver for me and they checked her temperature. They gave it to me in celcius though. Yulia said it was only a little high and that they would order some medicine for her. Her entire groupa has been passing around the flu. I am praying that she will be feeling better by next week when it is time for her to leave with me. She was not herself at all this morning. She was very pitiful acting. :( She was breathing really heavy and hard. Every time she would cough she'd cry. :( We learned from her medical records in July that one of her lungs is not fully developed due to her being born 8 weeks early. She was also very prone to pneumonia the first 1.5 year of her life. It just makes me nervous and I am ready to get her home and checked out thoroughly.

I am going back this afternoon to see her again. I hope she will be feeling better than she did this morning. She slept for 1.5 of the 2 hour visit. She's sweet to watch sleep though and I figured with all of the other babies coughing and crying she probably hasn't been resting well. I know it must be loud in her room because I can hear them coughing and crying in the other room where I visit with Dasha. Poor babies. I hope they all start feeling better fast!

Here are some new pics of Dasha. The ones were she is asleep and covered up with my black coat were taken today. :( I think she looks pale.

GOING TO ORPHANAGE NOW. WILL ADD MORE PICS AND STRAIGHTEN THE ORDER OUT WHEN I GET BACK! JUST SOME TO SEE FOR NOW. :)



7 comments:

Beth said...

So glad things are going well, but hope the germs are short-lived. She's a beauty!

AussieKirstie said...

i come from a country that uses the same units of measuruing temperture a normal reading is 36.6 if it gets up around the 39-40 mark then its not so good im not sure if your allowed to give her medicine yet but if she gets up to 38 you should try some i think the american version to what we use is tylenol
I hope all goes well and you can get your family home quickly
god bless
p.s sorry for the spelling errors

Kelly said...

Adorable...green, but adorable!!! LOL! Hope she feels better soon!

Amanda Jones said...

Glad to hear from you! :) I'm sorry to hear Dasha isn't feeling well!

The pictures are great! Thanks for sharing them!

Amanda (RR)

Anonymous said...

Hope your sweetie's feeling better soon! She needs to be healthy to travel!
We have such amazing eyewitness testimony of Jesus and just a fraction of what He did while He was visibly present here on earth. Look only to Him! Praying!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
Prayer Bears
My email address

alicia said...

she's a doll hope she's feeling better

Arizona mom to eight said...

I have been coming daily and looking for an update, poor dasha, i hope she feels better soon, it is scary about her lung, I don;t blame you for wanting that checked out.

I loved her pictures, but missed any with a black coat! :o)