We made it here safely Sunday night. Today we went to the orphanage to see Dasha. It was so great to see her again! She remembered us and was happy to see us again. :) She is such a sweet little girl! She fell asleep on me during our morning visit again. I loved it! We have court on Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. and we will appreciate your prayers that everything will go well. We have the same judge that we had last time and I think that will be a good thing.
We are going back to see Dasha again in the morning. I can't wait to see her again! She really opened up to Rick a lot more this time. Last time she didn't seem to know what she thought about him. She still keeps an eye on him. lol! I assume it is because she has never been around men. All of her care givers have been women. John Paul loved having a man around and still does! Dasha however, is just now coming around. I've spent a lot more time with her, so I am sure that is a factor. I'm sure when we get her home and settled in she will be all about her daddy. There is no telling what she thinks right now. She's probably thinking, "This lady just keeps coming back. I wonder if she'll ever take me with her. And who is this man that comes with her for a week and then leaves? I don't know, but they bring good toys and snacks. Everyone keeps calling her mommy. Mommy sure is soft to sleep on. Wonder where Roma is? I can't figure out how to get him out of that book she keeps showing me." lol!
Dasha loves to see John Paul's pictures! She licked his face twice and laughed. lol! I can't wait to get them together!!
John Paul is doing really well at my mom's house. We talked with him earlier on the web cam. He started laughing at us. I guess he was happy to see us. Either that or he thought we were funny looking! lol! He's probably trying to figure out how we got in the computer screen. He was grabbing at the screen. He helped my step dad make a new crate for their small dog today.
My mom told me that at one point John Paul even picked up a drill bit and put it in the drill, just like it goes! Maybe he'll be my little handy man. :) I have pics of it. I'll post them on his blog tomorrow. He is also scooping his own food! Way to go John Paul and Grammy!! He's been putting his spoon in his own mouth for about 2 months now, but he has only scooped himself several times. Apparently, I just needed to make a home made banana pudding and he would have scooped more often! lol! April, we have another cookie pudding lover in the family! Better guard the cookie pudding at Easter! lol! My mom sent me video of him feeding himself. I am so excited that he is doing this!! It's just so awesome! He did feed himself a broccoli chicken casserole meal too! So I guess the banana pudding got him on a roll! I had hoped and prayed that he would be feeding himself before we brought Dasha home. I knew he was so close, but he just wasn't interested in scooping. I knew he could because I have seen him do it. I just couldn't get him to do it for me consistently. Hopefully, he will continue to get better over the next 3 weeks. I'm just so proud of him! And I am proud of my mom too! Last trip he played her! He acted like he didn't know how to put his spoon in his own mouth at all. I told her that he did when I left my instructions, but he apparently was VERY convincing! lol! I have seen it myself! He is a very clever little boy! He conned her into feeding him is what he did! lol! When I returned home, get got busted! lol! And then the little stinker tried the same number on me. Didn't work! This time my mom had his number and he gave her hard time when she made him put his spoon in his mouth himself. She didn't give in this time and I guess she won the battle of the wills because not only is he putting his spoon in his own mouth for her, he is scooping too!! Thank you mom for being so patient and good with him! :) It is VERY difficult to be away from him so long, but it sure helps that I know he is happy and thriving!
I will put all his news pics and video on his blog tomorrow night. It will take me a while to do all of that and right now I need to get some sleep. I am still jet lagged and haven't adjusted very well yet.
I haven't proofread this and I am too tired to do so. Please overlook any errors due to exhaustion. :)
Monday, January 12, 2009
We Made it to Simferopol!
Posted by kristynewb at Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Cannot wait for pictures and the video.Continued prayers on your journey and may the days pass quickly and home be on the horizon before you know it.
Glad to hear you made it safely! I'm so excited that you're there to bring Dasha HOME this time! That is so great that she remembered you! I'll be praying for court (and no more hurdles!).
Way to go John Paul! He's doing so great! I look forward to seeing the pictures and video tomorrow (or when you get a chance to do it)!
Praying for your family,
Amanda (RR)
So glad you made it safely and your darling little girl remembered you! Good luck on Wednesday!
Glad you're there safe! Hope all continues to go well!
These words never cease to amaze me...praying so from Seattle right now!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
My email address
It was good seeing and talking with you on the webcam. Glad to hear that Dasha is doing so well. We love having John Paul here. Praying that he will continue to feed himself. I am so proud of him. He fed himself his dinner last night too. Can't wait until Wed. and court is over. Give Dasha a hug and a kiss from grammy. I love you.
Mom
Yay!! I'm so excited you are with your sweet Dasha again! Will be praying for court :)
Kristin
Making good from bad: I've been sick so I had to stay home from work this week. Thankfully I felt better this afternoon and was able to catch up on your past blogs. I'm so glad you are in the final streatch of bringing your precious girl home.
I am so happy you are there and holding your darling daughter!! I can'y wait to see new pictures of both kids.
Post a Comment