Sorry for no update. I had one day that the internet was not working. I had to go get it fixed, with the help of my driver. Never could understand what the problem was due to the language barrier. But they fixed it! It is working really slow though. It takes a REALLY long time to download pictures.
Dasha is feeling better! She hasn't had a fever since I last posted, but today she had a runny nose. :( I hope that it goes away. It seems that she is just fighting it off and on. Her whole groupa is sick. Actually, the doctor said it is the entire orphanage, flu epidemic. Praying I don't get it!
Hopefully, when she leaves here (one day next week, not sure which day yet) she can get rid of it once and for all and not pick up more germs!
She is such a delightful little angel! Wow, she is something else! :) I can't wait to get her home with John Paul! They are doing a lot of the same things! She said mama one time today. She waved at me and said, "Ba ba". She has been getting really vocal (babbling). She has the sweetest, tiniest little voice. It is so precious! I hope John Paul and Dasha really take off developmentally once they get together. I think John Paul will be happy to have another child in the house. I cannot wait to get home to him! I miss him so much!! I am getting pretty home sick over here. I have spent a lot of time in Ukraine since last April! I will have spent close to three months over here by the time this adoption is over, I think that is right. It is interesting to experience a different culture. The difficult part is being here for so long alone! Our facilitator will be back on Monday, so that will be nice to have someone I can speak English to. Well, actually Sergei, our driver, speaks pretty good English too. I have been taking a driver this time because our facilitator urged me to do so. Apparently, it is less safe than it was this summer due to economic conditions. This summer we took public transportation. I was determined to do so again, but Rick thought it was a bad idea too. There have been 3 bank robberies down here recently too. So, I think a driver is a good idea considering.
Anyway, I'll try to do better with updating the blog. Some have expressed they were worried about me over here alone. I apologize for that! I have been busy on the web cam with my mom and John Paul and also sending IM's back and forth to friends. Well, I can see JP and my mom on the web cam. The connection is too slow to carry the sound. It cracks and breaks up, but at least I can see JP! It gets a little frustrating trying to download pictures too. It takes forever! The video clips won't download at all. The computer freezes up and the browser stops responding. I assume it is due to slow connection since the web cam freezes up for that reason. I have a lot of pictures though! I will work on that tomorrow when I have a couple of free hours in the evening. Right now I need to get some rest so I can go see Dasha in the morning.
Thank you everyone for your prayers for Dasha and me!!
I will post more pics tomorrow! But for now here is the black coat picture that everyone is wondering what happened to! lol!! Feeling Better!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Everything is Good!
Posted by kristynewb at Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Thanks for the update! Glad things are going well over there!
Praying right now!
Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
Prayer Bears
My email address
She is precious! Hugs from Odesa---
SHE IS BEAUTIFUL. CAN'T WAIT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO COME HOME. PRAYING FOR BOTH OF YOU NOT TO GET SICK.
I LOVE YOU BOTH. MOM
Dasha is such a cutie! You must be thrilled about her development, if she is already doing the things John Paul is doing. Any idea when you might get to come home? (The weather has been more like Siberia than typical WV winter here lately!)
She is such a princess in her pink coat! You will be home soon. Praying that you find the time pass quickly!
Glad things are going well (aside from the bank robberies, slow internet, germs, etc....)!
She is just beautiful!
She is absolutely breathtaking.Hope time passes quickly for next weeks departure day.Prayers continue.
I'm glad for the update and that things are going well. She is just so beautiful! That smile!! Wow!
I am relieved to see your update. I remember the loneliness, but 3 months, my goodness, but that is a long time away from home. Praying you do not get the flu now or after you return home with Dasha, stay safe.
My goodness, but Dasha and Kara resemble each other a bit, don't they? I can tell they are both from Ukraine!
Post a Comment