We found out last Thursday that the SDA wants one more document from us before they will give us our appointment date. They wanted an affidavit stating that I am unemployed. We didn't need this last time, but apparently they have a new lawyer that wants it. They did say that they will give us our appointment date as soon as they get the last document. So that is very exciting! We are getting so close now! As of right now Fed-Ex tracking says the document is in Paris. It is supposed to be delivered on Thurs., but from the way it looks it will probably be Fri. Maybe not, I am praying it will get there Thurs. But last time it took a day longer than they quoted me, and so far it was in Paris a day longer than last time. It took three days before it was delivered last time after it arrived in country. It was a total of 6 days for delivery. That is the fastest I have ever had anything to get there. Previously another one took ten days! I pray that doesn't happen again, but it is in God's hands and it is all under His control. But I will be so glad when it gets there! I am so ready to get her. Technically I have been waiting for her since April when I met her. That's a long time and there has been set back after set back. But, there must be reasons for it and if I learned anything from our adoption of John Paul, sometimes set backs and changes turn into miracles! We're just holding onto that, praying we'll get the date God wants us to have, and trying to wait patiently. That's hard. I must have checked the Fed-Ex tracking fifteen times today to see if it was in her country yet. lol!
As soon as I get news and get the date I will post it.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
A Slight Delay
Posted by kristynewb at Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
I hope it is in their hands before the end of the week. How exciting Kristy! I am so happy, you will soon have both of your children home.
Post a Comment