Yesterday was Rick's 35th birthday!! We got an icecream cake (his favorite) and hung out. He had a good birthday! I took some video of John Paul eating some birthday cake, but I wasn't thinking and had the digital camera turned sideways, so I apolgize for everyone having to turn their head to watch the video. lol! I finally found a toddler spoon that fits John Paul's mouth! The Gerber brand spoons are too big and the spoon part has a huge scoop in it. It just didn't work for him. I have been trying to teach him to feed himself with an infant spoon, which has not been an easy task. I found this generic brand spoon and fork set today at the grocery store and it was a great fit for him! The video was the first time he has ever used it. The icecream cake was still really hard and frozen so it was hard to scoop, even for me, thus the huge scoops of ice cream on his spoon. He hasn't got the hang of putting the spoon in his mouth all on his own yet, but he is working on it. He can feed us however, lol! He uses two hand though. We're not sure if he is going to be left or right handed yet. We try with both. You can tell in the beginning of the video that he is trying to figure his new spoon out. We're working on getting his hand and arm strength built up. He does really good though, we are proud of him. So here are some new pictures and video of our little man.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Happy Birthday Rick, Daddy!!
Posted by kristynewb at Friday, November 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN RICK. I love the pictures and the video. I especially like the expression on John Paul's face when Rick was blowing out the candles. Can't wait until May to celebrates all 3 grandchildren's birthdays. Looking forward to my time with John Paul while you are traveling to get Miss Dash.
Love all of you. Mom
Oh my gosh!!! He has got to be the most adorable boy!! I love the way he anticipates the first bite going onto his mouth getting that tongue moving--precious! How old is JP?
Happy Birthday!
What a cutie your daughter is. Do you know what orphanage your daughter is in? THe background looks familiar.
Post a Comment