Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Update

Yesterday I started having a very peaceful feeling come over me when I would think about the girls. I felt like we would get some good news today. And praise God, we did at least get some dates!! The dates that we have been given sound very optimistic and we are very hopeful that we will have our girls home before too much longer.

I was told that we should receive the availability of Nadia and Dasha by the end of this week. Our dossier will be submitted to the SDA the week of May 19th, probably on May 20th (my dad's birthday). We were told that it will probably be reviewed and approved within a couple of weeks (rather than the typical eight weeks), and then our travel date will be about 30 days or so from them. So the optimistic prediction is that we will be traveling around Mid-July. I hope that it will be that soon! I'm ready to get them home!!! Please continue to pray that our dossier will be approved without any issues or delays. Also, pray that both of our girls will be available if that is God's will. Thank you all for your prayers!! God is answering them.

Also, please continue to pray that Roma will find a home very soon. We have raised a grant of $550 for him in hopes to help him find a home. Pray that all of the orphans will find homes and that until then God will give them comfort, and angels to watch over them to bring them joy.

3 comments:

Carson's Mom said...

OH, that is wonderful news! I am praying. This is very exciting that you will have your children home very soon.

Kayla

amyl4 said...

Kristy,
I have been meaning to thank you for raising money for my little Roma. He is such a deserving little boy. There are days when I wish I could have gone with you on that trip, just to hold him if only for a short time. Then there are days when I don't know how I would bear to hold him and never be able to bring him home. I want to thank you for holding him and hugging him and trying so hard to find a family for him. It means everything to me. I love him so! I am praying for your family as well.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Still here praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!