Thursday, May 22, 2008

Prayers Needed

We were told that our dossier was going to be submitted this week, probably on the 20th. It didn't happen. I was told that the SDA found a "glitch" with our dossier. The glitch is that our marriage certificate has an expiration date of 8/31/2007. I was told that the SDA has "raised the question" and that it needs to be updated as quickly as possible. I am less than thrilled about this because I asked a MONTH ago if we needed to have it updated. I was told no because we would travel before it expires.

Knowing that we have a child waiting that is facing institutionalization, I am sure that you can understand my annoyance with this careless mistake. But then again, as it was put to me, "the extra 10 days or so that it sets you back is not really the end of the world". But it could be 10 more days that Nadia may have to stay in the institution. And it is 10 more days that she will have to spend not knowing a mother and father's touch and love. Ten more days that she will remain caged up like she was when I saw her in April. And on a selfish note, 10 more days that I do not get to hold her and tell her that she is loved.

Please pray for this process as we have yet another HUGE decision to make. And apparently we won't know if Nadia has been transferred until we actually get to the SDA for our appointment. There are no connections that can keep her from being transferred. She should have already been transferred. Her paperwork for her transfer has already been sent. She will be five in September. It is a miracle that she has been in the baby orphanage this long. I'm just praying that she is not lost if she does get transferred.

And please pray for my patience because honestly, it is running very low. I know God is in control and has a plan. I still believe that plan is to prosper us and not to harm us. I know that He has that same plan for Nadia, Dasha, and all of us. That I am trusting in.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying hard that all goes well!

Anonymous said...

Praying hard. Stay strong. love April

grammygwen said...

Hi Sweetie. I can not believe that someone could make such a callous remark about the ten days not being the end of the world. No, it's not the end of the world but how would that someone like to be institutionalized for ten days, let alone their whole life? Well maybe they should be for making that remark to someone that has lost a child. This is ten days that can never be regained.
I saw their little faces in the videos and photos that you took while visiting them in April. They loved the attention that all of you gave them. I couldn't help but think that they were wondering where all of the nice ladies were in the days following your visit. This broke my heart thinking of them wanting more of that kind of attention. They deserve to be treated like this everyday for the rest of their lives.So what's ten more days for them? Right!!!! Sorry but that remark about the ten days really hit me wrong.
I still believe in miracles. Everything is in God's timing. As you said God is in control. I believe that He has a perfect plan for you, Rick and the girls. You know that I am always here praying for you and the girls, and for all of the orphans, and for the families waiting to bring them home.I can't wait to hold my grand babies in my arms. I love you very much. MOM

Liz said...

I'm so sorry this happened. :( Lifting prayers up for you during this very difficult and trying time.
Liz (RR)

Carson's Mom said...

I am praying for you and your family.

Kayla

amyl4 said...

Kristy,
I'm still here and still praying for you and your children!!
((HUGS))
Amy

junglemama said...

I am so sorry. I am assuming you are adopting from Ukraine. So are we. Who are you using for your adoption?