Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Lost 10 Inches in 10 Seconds!!

That's right, I lost 10 inches in 10 seconds!! Want to know my secret to trimming down? It's not liposuction!....

Today I donated 10 inches of my HAIR (Don't I wish I lost 10 inches off of my thighs) to Locks of Love. Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.

After Chloe went to be with Jesus I vowed that I would let my hair grow longer and donate it to Locks of Love so that they could use it to make a hairpiece for another child that has lost their hair to chemotherapy. Upon looking deeper into Locks of Love, I have found that they make hairpieces for children regardless of the medical diagnosis resulting in hair loss. Which is great!! I decided that today was the day to make it happen.

If you are interested in Locks of Love, please click on the title of today's post.

Thanks!!

4 comments:

amyl4 said...

This is great! My Dad just got done growing his hair out and getting it cut. I'm not sure which organization it was, but they had the same intent of using it for someone who was going through treatment. He looked pretty cool....Picture a long white and gray ponytail:0
Amy

Christy and Kevin said...

Hi Kristy,I did the same thing right before we got married. My hair was right above my backside and I had it cut to my shoulders the day we got married (like I said, right before) The Locks of Love contact person told me that they would be able to make 2 - 3 hair pieces. My hair is almost there again and I will be cutting it again and donating (though not to my shoulders this time) I am happy that you were able to do it as well! God Bless

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Aww! That's so great you did that! Kassidy donated hers after Kennedy was diagnosed and she plans on doing it again... probably next year, it's stil pretty short. I've been following this blog for a little while now, I'm so excited for you guys. I think about you all, and Chloe, a lot. We love you!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to do!
Know that I'm here praying!!!
Psalms 63:1-2 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.