We found out today from our facilitator that Dasha will not be available in Oct. like we were told in July. We found out that it will be the end of the year. :( We were hoping to have her home by Christmas, but it's not going to be possible. The only way is if they pass the law waiving the international waiting period for children with DS. Still praying that will happen. We are really saddened by this because we want our little girl home with us so badly. But we do have peace in knowing that she was moved in with the babies. I actually had a feeling come over me when I found out that she had been moved. First, I was so thankful to God! Then I felt like God moved her to a better room because she will have to wait longer. Turns out that feeling was right. I am really thankful that God is looking out for our little Dash. Please pray that we will be able to travel for her as soon as her wait is up. I have been longing for this little girl since I met her in April. Spending time with her in July was an answered prayer, but bonding with her for three weeks is making this wait a lot tougher on me, in particular, because I spent so much time with her. Part of our family is still over there...it's just hard. And honestly, it doesn't make it any easier with Chloe already missing from our family. There will always be an empty spot in our family, no matter how many children we have, until we all get to Heaven and have that BIG reunion. I just wish we didn't have two empty spots. Hopefully that won't be for much longer.
I know God is in control of it all and if it is His will, we will bring her home as soon as we are allowed. On the up side, God has blessed us with a perfect little boy and I am so thankful that we have him home and did not have to wait for him too. He is such a joy and a blessing to have in our home. We love him more and more every day, every minute really. He is starting to kiss and hug now. He's so sweet. The wait will give him more time to continue to adjust and I will be able to get an extra trip or two in to NC before we are able to go for Dasha. John Paul will be staying with my mom in NC while we are gone. So he will have more grammy bonding time before we leave. There is a reason for this wait, God doesn't make mistakes. I know He'll keep my Dash safe. I just hope some how she knows how loved she is.
Another mom, Lisa, that just saw Dasha while she was adopting told me that she was making a kissing noise. I taught her how to do that in July. :) I was so touched to hear that she is still doing it. Maybe she remembers me?
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Dasha News
Posted by kristynewb at Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
:( I'm sorry about your news! HUGS!
Oh no, I know you have to be feelign so terribly disappointed, waiting is so hard. I am glad you have the comfort of knowing she is safe in the baby room.
(((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Kris
I am so sorry for the additional wait! That is nice that Lisa could check on her for you though. Hopefully she got new pictures too.
Kayla
So sorry you have to wait even longer. I'll never understand it. Why not let her go home?! You're going to get her, am sure they can use the space and the money they wouldn't have to use to take care of her...so why not let her go?!
Post a Comment