Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dasha is Doing Fine :)

I received an email from our facilitator today and she has received our updated criminal background checks. She has already translated them and notarized them, so once again our dossier is ready to go! We can't wait until Dasha is too!

She also said that she called the orphanage and told them that we would not be able to come for Dasha until the end of the year. I had asked her to call them because we had originally told them in July that we should be back for her in October. I was afraid if we didn't show up in October then they may think we changed our minds and put her back in her old room. Maybe they wouldn't have, but I just wanted to make sure they knew we are still coming for her as soon as we are allowed to. She said that they told her Dasha is doing fine. :) She also asked them not to cut her hair for me. They promised her that they would not cut Dasha's hair. :)
That makes me really happy!

Oh, I can't wait to see her again!

John Paul started doing some new things today. I am trying my hardest to get them on video so I can post them to his blog. He stops when he sees the camera and starts pointing at it and then starts trying to grab it from me. lol! Maybe when Rick gets home I can distract him and get Rick to video it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news, Kristy!

orphans4me said...

I'm glad she is OK. I'm sorry you are having to wait longer to get her.
Joy,RR

Arizona mom to eight said...

I am so glad you got news about her, it feels so good to know they are doing well. I am looking forward to the video of John Paul.

Carson's Mom said...

I am glad Dasha is doing well. I am sure she will be better when her parents are able to get her out of there. Hopefully that will be soon.

Kayla