Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We've been really busy since we have been home! Last week I spent trying to get settled back in and my mom came for a visit to meet John Paul. It was so great to see her! John Paul really liked his grammy! He got his first toy truck from his grammy. I told him that I bet his grammy would bring him something because that's what grammys do. :) We took a trip to the toy train museum in Harper's Ferry on Sunday. We all had a good time. John Paul enjoyed riding the train. I'll post pictures below from the museum and from my mom's visit. And I gave him his first hair cut. Well, first hair cut with us. He did so good through it. He was very patient.

He's still doing really well. I know he is gaining weight and he is looking so much healthier! He's been eating great! He eats everything that we eat. I just throw it in the minichopper and he eats it. I made lasagna a few days ago and he loved that! He gets happy when he hears the minichopper running. We're going to have to work away from the minichopper eventually, but right now he is eating so well! And he needs to gain weight so I'm not going to aggravate that just yet! He's made a lot of progress already anyway. He can hold and drink from his own cup now. He leaks some, but still doing a terrific job! He's really blossoming.

And he is so smart! When my mom was going outside to pack her things in her car before she left, he thought it was an opportunity to go outside. He walked about 20 steps to the door to go outside. The walking was AMAZING!!! That is the longest distance he has walked unassisted! Outside is motivating for him! The problem was that we were both still in our pajamas. We had just eaten our breakfast. So he didn't get to go out. He started crying. I sat him on the couch with me and told him that we'd go out later and that we weren't dressed to go outside. I told him that he didn't even have his shoes on. He hopped down and got his shoes and handed them to me. I couldn't help but laugh! It was so cute! I had no idea that he was starting to understand us! I was so proud! And yes he did get to go outside a little later.

We are still working on our dossier for Dasha. I hope to have it completed and sent to Yulia this month. Right now I am waiting on our social worker to get back with me to let me know if she still has an extra copy of my criminal record check. And also for her to send us another notarized copy of our home study and social worker's license.





















14 comments:

Bethany said...

That is awesome that he is doing so well! I hope you can get to Dasha soon!

Julie said...

So glad that he is doing so well! He's an adorable little guy! I hope you can get Dasha soon!

Cammie Heflin said...

He is so beautiful! I'm so happy that things are going well!

amyl4 said...

He's beautiful Kristy!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! You're such a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome beautiful blessing you have received...awesome pics

Elizabeth said...

That blonde hair, he is so darn cute! Do you think he's too young for Lexy, ha ha!! Glad everything is going good and everyone is adjusting to their new way of life.

Arizona mom to eight said...

I can feel your happiness and contentment in your writing, I am so happy for you! John PAul is so smart, wow, to already compehend english? How wonderful!

Liz said...

He is such a cutie-pie! I'm so glad he is adjusting & eating so well. I can't wait to see you pick up Dasha! Hopefully, it will happen quickly!

orphans4me said...

What a cutie-bug!!Thanks for all the pictures. I'm glad he is doing so well
Joy

junglemama said...

I love all the awesome pics! John Paul is a handsom little guy!

Anonymous said...

im so glad hes home safe,
but i see hes not in his carseat right the straps need to be higher up and also that car seat is more then 7 years old so i hope for his saftey you get a new one.
thank you

grammygwen said...

To Anonymous: John Paul's Grammy here,for your information the car seat is NOT more than seven years old. It was bought brand new from a department store for their daughter who would have been three this July. She didn't even ride in it until she was at least one year old because she was too small for it. She probably used the car seat about four months considering she was in the hospital for most of the last eight months of her life. Thanks for your concern, but you are wrong about the age of the car seat.
John Paul's Grammy

Dolores said...

Look at those adorable blueberry eyes! I'm so happy to see him home with you at last! He's just wonderful!