Thursday, August 14, 2008

This Is for "Anonymous"

The anonymous that apparently is a member of the car seat patrol and left the following comment...

im so glad hes home safe,
but i see hes not in his carseat right the straps need to be higher up and also that car seat is more then 7 years old so i hope for his saftey you get a new one.
thank you

August 13, 2008 10:03 PM

First of all, if you don't have the nerve to even show who you are, then please do us the great favor of staying off of our blog and leaving your nasty grams.

Second, what makes you the authority on the age of my car seat? Where did you obtain the purchase receipt from? Not that you deserve an explanation, but for the readers that I do care about, the car seat is less than three years old and it was only used for about 4 months. It was bought for our daughter, Chloe, and then she had to grow into it. So it sat unused for about a year in the box it came in. Then Chloe spent the majority of the last seven months of her life living in the hospital where she obviously did not need a car seat. Let me guess, you maybe bought one or someone you know had one like it seven years ago. Guess what? So did my nephew, but they didn't stop making that model of car seat after you and my nephew got one. Further it was bought brand new less than 3 years ago at a major department store that would know if the car seat had any recalls that would make it a danger to a child. So if you have a problem with a car seat being sold for more than four years, then you should really take that up with Wal-Mart. And I can't see as to how a new car seat that sat in its box for a year, then was used for 4 months before our daughter passed away, and then stored unused for another year makes it unsafe. The key word here is "unused" and if you knew us and the details of our life then you would know that. In addition to that the car seat has never been involved in any auto accident that would make it unsafe. So I don't know where you are coming from.

And as far as the strap height, I don't see a problem with it. Neither has anyone else, except you, a stranger that doesn't have the nerve to identify yourself. He is in between strap heights. While I am very aware that the current strap height is a little low, the higher strap is too high and I did not like the strap that high and near his face. I picked the safer of the two options. And for your information we had already bought him another car seat before I read your comment today. And we didn't buy it because the current is one old and ragged. As a matter of fact, it will be used in our other car. We bought the new one because it is softer and will be more comfortable for him on long trips.

So I'll end this by saying, mind your own business please in the future regarding circumstances that you know nothing about. And take your judgments else where.

Thank you for your uneducated assumption regarding our child's safety.

And to our loyal readers, thank you for your continued support and prayers. I apologize for this post, but not to the "anonymous" individual that it was intended for. Any comment other than insinuating that we don't provide safety for our child would probably have been ignored. I found this over the top and insulting and could not let it go, even though as a Christian I probably should have. I apologize for being less than perfect, but I will not stand idly by when false accusations have been made about my child's safety. As a result of this, comment moderation has been enabled and anonymous users will blocked from leaving comments.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is always someone that will "rain" on everyone's "parade". What you have to realize is that you have supporters and don't have to worry about "anonymous". God knows what person wrote the message. God bless you all!!!!

Bethany said...

Oh please. I think he looks fine in that car seat. You are right, if you move the straps up, that would be wayyy to high. And the buckle is in exactly the right place ... nipple height. Why in the world would someone even look at that picture and think that the first thing they need to do is criticize?! I stop here shaking my head.

liesel said...

I'm glad you posted this, because it forced me to go back and look at photos on your blog that I had somehow apparently missed! Funny, I posted a video of Ava a while back, when I watched it later I noticed her seat was fastened way too low (Sometimes the kids buckle her in for me and I don't notice). I just KNEW someone would say something but apparently "Anonymous" doesn't read my blog. HA You're a great mommy. So glad to see JP home and with a mommy and daddy who love him!

Missy said...

You go girl! :) I don't blame you one bit for standing up for yourself!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

*sigh* Good for you Kristy! What is the deal with the haters out in blogland lately? I had one tell me that I'm exploiting Kennedy yesterday. Talk about tearing me to shreds. I can't even address it without breaking down. Whatever happened to the old phrase, "If you can't say something nice..."

Jan and Randy said...

Not sure if I ever posted on your blog. I read it via RR's web page. I had to go back and look at the pictures to see what the hub-bub was. I don't get it. It looks right to me. (The strap height and the buckle) Anonymous must need to get a new set of reading glasses or sit farther away from the screen.

Your son is beautiful by the way. Hope his sister gets to come home soon.

Jan

Arizona mom to eight said...

I have to approve all of the comments I get, so I think the anonymous commenters leave me alone. I am certain they would have a lot of mean nasties to share if I didn't. I tend to make folks mad from time to time.;o)

I few months ago a friend told me I had to get a new car seat for Meghan because she was too big for hers, she went on and on about how unsafe it was and I felt like a terrible mother. I got home and looked at her seat. It is a booster that is supposed to last until she is 8, and Meghan is not as large as an 8 year old typically is. She only weighs 45 pounds.

The headrest moves up...so the seat belt hit her where it should after this was adjusted, we had moved it from my sons car to my van after I had returned home with Kara, and it got pushed down. I felt vindicated, but for my friend to imply I was not being a good mother really bothered me, though I do know my friend was only trying to help. I can understand your reaction to this comment.

Truly blog readers who happen upon a blog for the first time should try to take the time to read from the first post forward, there is so much more to a blog than the last months entires.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

junglemama said...

I get them to (not so nice comments).