I just realized that it had been over a week since I last updated! Wow! I have been really busy between taking care of John Paul and getting Dasha's dossier together. There has been a lot of running around! I picked up our updated medical certificates from the doctor's office today and our social worker's license came in the mail today as well. The notary had made a mistake on the previous copy that she had sent me. So guess what? I have a completed dossier! YAY!! Most of the documents are already out getting apostilled. I have the last batch that I am overnighting out tomorrow. So as long as everything gets back to me (with no mistakes) I should be able to ship Dasha's dossier to Ukraine next week! Of course she won't be available until Oct. and we may not travel until November, but at least it will be there and can get submitted. They are probably close to giving out October travel dates anyway, if they aren't already. I can't wait to get that little girl home. John Paul and I watched some of the video of him and her from the orphanage the other day while Rick was at work. John Paul said, "Dah, Dah". I think he was trying to say Dasha. He was smiling at her and started laughing when he heard her laughing in the video. His eyes got huge when he saw himself. He was intrigued by seeing himself! It was so cute!!
We had three rough days with him after he had his vaccinations. He just was not himself at all. He was very fussy and temperamental for days. And he didn't want to eat very much at all. I was starting to get really concerned and was going to make him a dr. appointment on Monday, but then he woke up Monday morning smiling and started eating good again. I guess it just took a lot out of him. I did not realize that it would wipe him out like that for going on four days. I learned something new about him and next time I'll know to expect it. He only had two vaccinations. They were going to give him four at once, but I would not let them. I'm just really cautious about vaccinations and boy am I glad! I can only imagine how bad he would have felt if he had received double what they gave him.
He was so wiped out that I didn't even take him to get his blood work done until yesterday. He needed a break in my opinion. Apparently he has veins like I do. Tiny and hidden! They stuck him twice, once in the arm and once in his hand. And they were not able to get any blood. I felt so bad for him. We have to take him to the hospital lab to let them do it now. The lab next door to the pediatrician's office said that she only tries twice and then she refuses to stick kids again. I'm kind of dreading that because I had a bad experience at the hospital when they were trying to draw blood on Chloe. They were very impatient and rude with her and of course that did not fly well with me at all. That has been almost two years ago so hopefully they have new, nicer staff now. I'll try with him next week. I'm giving him a break from it until then.
He was so funny when we got home from the lab! They had put a band-aid on his hand after the last stick. He was sitting in the floor while I was fixing supper and he looked down at the band-aid and gave it a mean look! Then he ripped it off and threw it down on the floor hard and fast while making a mean face. Then he rubbed his little hand and looked up at me and whined. I could not help but laugh on the inside because it was so cute to see him do that! So smart and adorable. Supper had to wait while I gave him some love and cuddling. He loves to get hugged and kissed! And he is such a little cuddler (that is when he is not too busy for it).
Here's another funny thing he did! I put gel in his hair, after his bath this morning, and spiked his hair up. It looked so funny! Here was this sweet little innocent face with this wild hairdo. It was so cute that it made me laugh. He gave me the stink eye (because I laughed at him) and pushed his hair back down. That of course was even funnier because it surprised me that he would do that. He surprises me more and more every day! I wasn't going to leave his hair standing up like Billy Idol's by the way. I was just playing and having fun. He was not as amused as I was. lol! I must have given him a slight complex because through out the next several hours I saw him pushing down at his hair like he was making sure it was still down. lol!!
The BIG accomplishment for the day was that he used the potty for the very first time ever in his life (twice)!! Not to give out too much information, but I am so proud of him! He did a number one the first time and a number two the second time. He bent over and looked in his potty (to see what all of the praise was for) and then babbled a little and smiled from ear to ear. He seemed proud of his new accomplishment.
He went with me to my doctor's office to pick up the medical certificates and had a fun time flirting with the nurses. What a little ham he is! One nurse was bent over talking to him and he reached for her stethoscope. We were the only ones there and it was the end of the day. She sat in the floor and played with him. She took her stethoscope and said, "Do you want me to listen to your heart?". That little stinker cut her a smile and lifted his shirt up for her!! He did this about ten different times with her and then he backed up to her and sat in her lap. He is such a loving little boy! Today he reminded me so much of Chloe and how happy she always was entertaining every one. It made me really happy because I know that he must realize how loved he is now and it is beginning to really shine through in his personality. He's becoming the little boy that God intended for him to be and he's getting so secure and confident. He is such a miracle to us! We just love him!! I looked down at him this morning when I was wiping his face after breakfast. Looking back up at me were these sweet and innocent little eyes with the shape characteristic of Down Syndrome. Those sweet little creases under his eyes. I couldn't help but cry tears of joy as I thought how nice it is to see those little eyes again in my family. The sweetest and most beautiful little eyes you will ever see. My heart is so full! Then I thought about how awesome it will be when Dasha is here too. Two perfect little angels. Who could ask for anything more? Other than having Chloe here with all of us during this happy time. But we accept God's reasons and know that God used Chloe to lead us to John Paul and Dasha. I know she is smiling down and loves her new brother and soon to be sister. It is so remarkable because several of the toys that John Paul has claimed as his favorites were Chloe's favorites. She's definitely smiling down. :)
Friday, August 22, 2008
Lots of Updates...
Posted by kristynewb at Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Wonderful update, even though I already knew all of it I still cried. JP is an amazing little boy and I am so happy that he is my grandson. Can't wait to see both of you. I love you. MOM
What an awesome update! I'm so glad John Paul is doing so well. I know Dasha will too as soon as she gets home. Congrats on finishing her dossier. I pray you get a travel date as close to when she is available as possible.
Happy Early Birthday!! I'm so happy for you. Everything seems to be going great... I love reading your updates. I can't wait to meet John Paul, he sounds like a little Caviness to me... flirting with the ladies. Well have a great birthday on Sunday. Love ya!
Still laughing about his hair... What a smart little boy!
Christy
Thanks for the update. Hope all goes well and you get your daughter home soon!
You never know where you're going to find words of comfort in Scripture.
Know that I'm here praying!
Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
The Prayer Bears
Oh, God bless him, what a sweet littleman you have! I enjoyed reading about him this morning.
Thank you for the raffle entry! :o)
Hugs,
Kris
Sounds like he is doing amazingly well!
Post a Comment