John Paul had his first doctor appointment since he has been home today. We got
referrals to the cardiologist, occupational therapist, speech therapist, and physical therapist. We also got a referral to Children's Hospital to get orthotics for his feet where he rolls his ankles inward when he stands and walks. I realized after I left that they didn't give us a referral to the E.N.T. like I had requested so tomorrow when we go back for his labs I will make sure they get that taken care of too. The doctor said that he could hear his heart murmur today. That was contrary to what we were told by the medical examiner in Ukraine. Once we get into the cardiologist that will reveal what is going on. We were told in Ukraine that he has an ASD defect.
He did really well with the doctor today. He only got upset when they gave him two vaccinations, and that is understandable! I personally hate needles! We were at the doctor's office for two hours and by the time we were done it was lunch time. So since he was grumpy from the shots, ready to eat, and getting tired (since nap time is right after lunch), I decided to wait until tomorrow morning to have his blood work done. I figured he had been through enough today.
In general, he is doing really well. He has stopped crying through his baths and is starting to enjoy bath toys. So that is awesome! He's playing more independently with his toys. He's still eating really well! He loves the cats and likes chasing after them. He's just an awesome little guy!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
John Paul's Doctor Appointment
Posted by kristynewb at Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Glad John Paul did well today.
As for the other post...this is what happens when you open your lives to the world. I've seen it happen over and over again on other sites. Actually this was pretty minor compared to other things I've read. You just need to know you're doing a great job and not let stupid comments like this get to you.
Hi Kristy,
Do you have a cardiologist appt. set yet for JP?
~Lisa (in ukraine)
Post a Comment