Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Latest and Tons of Pics...

Sorry it has been so long since an update. I am going to pick up where I left off with pictures...Easter!

John Paul and Dasha are doing great. John Paul really enjoyed Pre-K and he will start back for the summer program on July 1st lasting the month of July. He's doing really well with potty training and is pushing his pants down on his own now. He still needs some help getting them back up. He can get the front up, but they get stuck on his little rump. He's started to walk down the stairs by just holding onto the wall with one hand instead of having to hold someone's hand. He's getting stronger. :) He's still eating great. They just went to the pediatrician on Monday and he is now 32 lbs. and 39.5 inches tall. He's still growing really well and at a nice steady pace. He wears a size 7 shoe now. He wore a 5 when he first got here. He's wearing 2T's and 3T's now. It's almost been a year since we brought him home. It has really flown by! I am so proud of him and the progress he has made.

Dasha is now 22 lbs. and 29 3/4 in. tall. She has gained 4.4 lbs. and has grown 1 3/4 in. since she came home in February. Now that's a lot of growing! :) She's wearing 12 to 18 mos. now. She wore 3 to 6 mos. when she first came home a little over four months ago. At her first dr. visit she didn't even register on the DS growth chart. Now she is at the 4th percentile for height and weight. :) She's still a tiny little bean, but she's really sprouted since Feb. She eats and drinks really well and isn't picky about anything. She's crawling really well now and has learned to crawl up the steps fast! She's doing great with sign language. She knows milk, more, eat, mama, daddy, cracker, bird, cat, juice, banana, and baby. She likes to hold dolls and rock them when you say baby. I've got to get some video of it. And when you ask her if she wants to eat, she will start signing eat. She'll head for the stairs and crawl up them to get to the kitchen. She'll stop every few steps and will sign "eat" again and keep crawling until she reaches the top. It is so funny, cute, and sweet all at the same time. John Paul will walk up the stairs beside her and he will stop to wait for her to catch up to him. Such a sweet big brother! Then she'll crawl over to her high chair and sit and sign eat. She usually smiles and laughs when you put her in her high chair. She LOVES food and it makes her SO happy. The good thing is that she will eat healthy foods with no complaint at all. JP does too. That's a really good thing because they can both can really put some food away!

The pictures are from Easter. We were at my grandparent's house. John Paul and Rick are missing from some of the family pics because they were outside swinging. There is a picture that shows what happens when you get JP off of the swing set. lol!! We have had a birthday party since then, in May. John Paul turned 5 on May 14th and Dasha turned 3 on May 25th. My nephew, Ethan, turned 7 on May 17th and my dad's birthday was May 20th, so we just had one big party for their birthdays. JP and Dasha had their own personal cakes that they both thoroughly enjoyed! It was so wonderful to have them both here for their birthdays. I will post birthday party pics on the next post because there are a lot of them combined with the Easter pics.

Thanks to everyone that is still following us even though I have been a bit behind on updating the blog. I appreciate your patience and dedication in continuing to check for updates. And we ALWAYS appreciate the prayers! The kids keep me busy. :) I'll get the birthday pics on soon though! And if anyone reading this has sent me emails, I am working on getting back to everyone. It's been a busy last few months with traveling and birthdays, etc. Plus, I've been doing spring cleaning and packing out grown clothes up in the attic. I just about have everything organized, in bins or storage containers, and most things labeled! I can't stand not being able to find something when I need it and Rick and I have different ideas about where things should belong. lol! So, that's what the labeling system is for. Boy, will I be glad when it is done. It's tough to get cleaning (outside of the regular housework and that's enough) done with the kids. I mostly have to reserve my nights and weekends for that. I feel guilty if they don't get the majority of my time during the day. The neglect they endured is still apparent at times and it really pulls my heart strings. They will play independently well and together also. They just prefer more time with me and Rick. Rick commutes and doesn't get home until 7:30 p.m. So it's mostly me and the kids during the week. Its almost their bed time by the time he gets home. But they make up for it on the weekends. :) It's just really important to me that they know how loved they are and know that someone is there for them. If that means cleaning at night and on weekends, then so be it. Thanks for your patience.

Me, Dasha, my mom, my brother Shane, and Ethan (my nephew). JP and Rick were outside swinging.

Me, Dasha, and mom
This is what happens when you take JP from the swings! He LOVES to swing and play outside. He cries every time you bring him in.
Swinging and happy! :)




wGetting tickled.
JP loves my brother!
Allie, Dylan, Dasha, and uncle Cliff. Dylan is giving Dasha a hug. Awww. :)
The cousins: Ethan, John Paul, Dasha, Allie, and Dylan peaking out from behind Dasha.






Dasha got dirty on the playground in the nursery at church, but I wanted pics in her Easter dress before we changed her. Dirty or not, it was her first Easter at home. :)




Making music, a favorite past time.

Playing at grammy's with the cars and the city.
OH NO, the giant baby crushed the town!
Dasha LOVES mirrors!

Sweet baby Dash! I know she isn't really a baby, but she's my baby. :)

26 comments:

grammygwen said...

I love my grand babies!!!!!!! You are doing a wonderful job with them. They are thriving so well and are so happy. Can't wait for another visit, their swings are waiting on them. lol. I love you.
Mom/Grammy

gillian said...

The kids are so beautiful! Thanks for the update, looks like they are doing great!

Charissa said...

They both look great! Nice job, Mommy!

Lund7 said...

The look like they are thriving and growing so well!! What beautiful children!! Dasha and I share the same birthday!

I would love to make her a pair of socks as a gift sometime. Email me and let me know which ones you would like.

http://soxthatrock.blogspot.com

Arizona mom to eight said...

So happy to see an update from you, the pictures are wonderful, both children are doing so well. Life must be very different witht he two of them, wonderfully different and busy. I think it is fantastic that Dasha is signing so well, miss Kara is so stubborn about signing. Both girls are LOL

Erin said...

Hi Kristy,

Your posts are so entertaining! My name is Erin, and I am a college student with mild cerebral palsy. I’m a special education major and have hopes of becoming a disability services director of a university after graduate school. I have just launched a blog that is still getting started, but with the title “Empowering People and Changing Lives,” I hope that it will provide a wealth of resources for people who care for children, specifically those who are affected by disability. I will also be chronicling some personal experiences and will be sharing some thoughts about those along the way. Your blog has also been included in my blogroll, so I hope that together, we are able to collaborate to provide resources to those who are in similar situations. The blog’s address is http://empowerpeoplechangelives.blogspot.com. From there, you will be able to read the posts I have written, find out all about me, check out my blogroll, eventually look at many resources I have gathered, and contact me.

Look forward to reading many more of your posts! Happy blogging!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. The photos are fantastic!
Wanted to share these amazing words of comfort today. Praying!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Cammie Heflin said...

They look so beautiful! I thought Dasha was younger than Addy but she's a bit older. Addy will be three in October. So glad to see them doing so well!

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm always here praying!
Psalms 32:6-7 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Andrea Roberts said...

Kristy, just look at them both!! I swear that Dasha should be on the cover of a magazine!

Anonymous said...

Praying in Seattle!
Psalms 59:16-17 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Beth said...

Glad to read the update! The children are thriving! Wonderful news! Love the signing and receptive language skills so soon!

Kelly said...

Still checking...so glad to see them! They are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family right now!
Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here lifting your family up in prayer!
Hebrews 6:17-20 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Arizona mom to eight said...

It is so glorious to see them growing, happy. You have to be in 7th heaven to have them home with you. So many changes, good ones, I am thrilled for your family. I still remember how we met, seems so long ago, we were both blessed beyond measure since then.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 27:4-5 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Romans 8:26-28 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Here praying for your family!
Isaiah 43:1-3a But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 28:6-7 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Romans 14:7-9 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Still here praying!
Romans 3:23-26 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying right now!
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Am so blessed to be able to pray for your family!
Psalms 27:13-14 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Lifting up prayers right now!
Psalms 62:5-7 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Wendy's Mom said...

Hey there! Just wondering how those two precious little ones are doing and looking for new pictures. Please update when you can.

Sheila