Sorry it has been so long since an update. We have been really busy. Both of the kids were sick several weeks ago and running high temps. Dasha ended up getting pneumonia and had to go to the doctor three times and once to the emergency room. She has been well for almost two weeks. She had us scared though for about a week and a half. John Paul was sick too, but he didn't get as sick as she did.
John Paul had his first day of Pre-K last Tuesday and he loves it! He has a cold again now, so I guess he picked up some new germs at school. He has started using the big toilet now and is doig very well with it. Dasha is doing really good with the potty seat. She is starting to try to feed herself too. She gets mad if you won't give her the spoon. I usually do hand it over, unless we are getting ready to go some where because she gets really messy and gets food all in her hair! Very cute though! She has learned to sign baby, mama (a couple of times), daddy, all done, and milk. She says baba when she signs baby, and ah duh for all done. John Paul knows potty, baby, all done, more, milk, eat, and car. He won't do them very often though, but he knows them. He has gotten more vocal between Dasha being here and going to school. He mostly babbles, but it is so great to hear his sweet little voice more. He is doing very well with school. He loves gym time and is kicking a ball now. All the way home from school he smiles. It's so good to see him so happy and enjoying himself so much. I got my first handmade Mother's Day gift from John Paul on Friday. He planted a little sprout for me at school and also made a poster that says Happy Mother's Day. I'll post pics of them in a little while. It was so sweet. :) It made my day!
Dasha has learned to climb the stairs all on her own (with us watching). She LOVES to climb the stairs and it's great exercise for her and muscle builder too. She's getting a lot stronger. She can stand on her own for 6 seconds now. :) Her eyes get real big and then she starts laughing and plops down on her bottom.
That's about it. I will get some new pics on shortly.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Finally an Update!
Posted by kristynewb at Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





14 comments:
Cannot wait to see new pictures of the kids! I am so happy that JP is enjoying school so much. I think it will be great for him to be around kids that are doing more, he can kind of follow their lead. Though I hope he doesn't pick up too many bad things, lol.
Christy
Thanks for the update. Know your Mother's Day was bittersweet...
Stopping by to let you know I'm praying!
Isaiah 12:2-3 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
Prayer BearsMy email address
Praying right now!
Psalms 40:11-13 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.
Prayer BearsMy email address
It's a blessing to be able to pray for your family!
Psalms 70:4-5 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.
Prayer BearsMy email address
Always keep your eyes on the Lord! Lifting up prayers right now!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Prayer BearsMy email address
Know that I'm here praying hard!
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Prayer BearsMy email address
We are always safe when we're in the Lord's Hands! Praying!
Psalms 31:5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
Prayer BearsMy email address
Stopping by to let you know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Prayer Bears
My email address
Know that your family is always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 18:28-30 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
Prayer Bears
My email address
How are the little ones doing? You must be busy! I'd love to do a mini interview for my blog if you'd consider it. If you want to read one I've just done, you can find it here
www.thepoppiesblog.co.nr
:)
I'm looking into adopting a child with down syndrome. I have lots of questions. Can you please call me when you get a chance. My name is Jamie Wise. (559)493-1008
Praying right now.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
The Lutheran Hymnal #370, verse 4
Prayer Bears
My email address
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Prayer Bears
My email address
Lifting up prayers right now!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
Prayer Bears
My email address
Post a Comment