Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cardiologist Update

Dasha went to the cardiologist last Friday and we got a great report back! She does not have an ASD heart defect like we were told in Ukraine. Praise God!!!! She has a Steele's murmur just like John Paul does. The cardiologist said that the murmur is about as significant as a freckle and that it may go away. She does not need to follow up with the cardiologist again. We are still waiting on the results of their blood work. I had to take Dasha twice to have blood drawn because they could not get enough blood the first time. They refused to stick her again and asked me to bring her back when the supervisor was scheduled to work to let her try. She was great and successful! I had a call today from the drs. office, but I was in NC for a funeral and missed the call. I am hoping that it is the results of their blood work. We also had their stools checked for parasites (which was recommended by their pediatrician), but we are also waiting to hear the results of that. I had to reschedule their hearing tests because they told me the morning of the appointment that I needed to bring someone with me since I had both children scheduled back to back. It wasn't possible so I rescheduled it for this past Friday, but then had to go to NC unexpectedly. So now they have their appointments with the audiologist this Friday.

That's about it for now. They are both doing really well. They are adjusting to each other really well also and are playing together great! John Paul is doing really well with potty training. He doesn't really understand to hold it, so I try to take him every 30 to 45 minutes and that's going really well. He made it home from NC which is about 6 hours and it appeared he had only wet his pull up one time. It was obvious that he had held most of it because there was A LOT in the potty when I put him on it after we got home. Dasha has even used the potty several times too. She is crawling really well and is getting fast!

I'll post again when I get news about their blood work. There is a montage below that my step dad made while we were down there this weekend. Don't forget to pause the music on the playlist at the top of the blog so that it doesn't interfere with the music on the montage/video. For those of you that are familiar with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, John Paul is doing his version of the Hot Dog Dance! It is sooo funny with the music that my step dad chose! Love it! Thanks Rob!

7 comments:

amyl4 said...

Look at him go! That just made my morning, seeing John Paul dancing around!:) Dasha IS crawling fast!
Thank you for the update! Glad to hear Dasha's heart is okay too!
Amy

Christy and Kevin said...

What a ham!! The kids are getting so big and JP is getting to be a real big boy!

Christy

NDMom said...

Praise God on your great report! Thanks for sharing your video montage.....too cute for words!!!!

Love, Paula

Kelly said...

Hilarious...JP is a natural, Dasha's speed crawl is also impressive!!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! Dasha looks so tiny, though! But look at her getting around!
These words never cease to amaze me. Chronologically they were some of the first words of Scripture ever written...praying so from Seattle right now!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

So thankful for the assurance we have in Christ! Praying!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness that was just great. I just cant wait till our little/big boy is up dancing
Woo hoo