I have been asked the measurements of the new toddler girl quilt up for raffle.
The pillow is 16" X 21". The quilt itself, including the 2" ruffle, is 42.5" X 61".
My mom made one (different design, but same size) for Chloe for my baby shower, and when I used it later, it fit her toddler bed perfect with enough overhang to cover the sheets and then some. It's like a mini comforter/bedspread and will be beautiful with a crib ruffle underneath if you would like to do so. I used it without one and it was the perfect length for my little angel's toddler bed.
Just like I mentioned about the previous quilt, this will also make a beautiful baby gift! It truly is fit for a princess! Over 30 hours of loving labor have gone into making this quilt and pillow for some special little princess out there.
Let me embarrass and brag on my mom here. She has over 35 years of sewing experience and the quality in this quilt reflects that fact. She does not even use a pattern. She creates the layout of the fabric squares in her mind and then makes the quilt accordingly. A lot of thought goes into the design alone. No two quilts are ever made the same. She takes pictures of each of her creations just to certify the uniqueness of each and every quilt. Sorry to brag mom, I'm just so proud of you and the love and support you have shown through our adoptions. And I am so proud that you would use your God-given talents to help us raise money to bring our princess home! Thank you for the quilts you made for the raffles and also the quilt you made for our little princess, Dasha, when she gets home. I know you are cooking one up for John Paul because you have been asking me about trains and colors! LOL! I'm onto you! :)
Again, we really appreciate your donations!!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Measurements of The Quilt for Raffle
Posted by kristynewb at Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
You are certainly welcome. I loved making them!! I would also like to thank everyone that has donated to the raffles. I can't wait to get John Paul's little sister home.
Mom
Post a Comment