We have a BIG praise report! John Paul had his echocardiogram today. They also did an EKG. The EKG showed that he does have a murmur, which we already knew. But we did not know the cause of it. The murmur is something called a Still's murmur and it is innocent. It will not cause any problems for him now or in the future. It's a vibration that is made when the blood is pumped through his heart. And the echo, in the doctor's words, was "uneventful". There are no holes or open valves, nothing! All of the blood flow and pressure is just like it should be. Praise God! We were told in Ukraine that he has an ASD heart defect, but now we know for certain that he does not. The doctor even told us that we do not need to follow up with him for any reason because there is absolutely nothing wrong with his heart. And I trust this doctor because he was the only doctor out of three that found Chloe's small hole in her heart. He's great. I about cried when he told me the good news! What a HUGE answered prayer!! Now he can get his teeth cleaned without worry! :)
He also started clapping his hands this evening while we were eating supper. I guess he was happy about his good news today too. He even picked a small piece of cornbread up and put it in his own mouth! He has NEVER done this before and I have tried so hard. He swallowed it whole, but hey no complaints here. I am so thrilled that he just put something in his mouth! He did it two times after that too! Then he drank some of his Pediasure from his glass until it was empty. I was going to refill his glass for him. We both grabbed for his Pediasure bottle at the same time. So I took my hand back to see what he was going to do. He picked up the bottle and poured what was left into his glass! Then he sat the bottle back down, picked his glass up and drank the rest of it! Rick and I sat there in awe. Amazing! I forgot to mention that he also dropped a piece of cornbread into his drink (on purpose) and then drank it. lol! Have I mentioned how much I love this little guy?! What a miracle he is!
Our dossier for Dasha hasn't been submitted yet. Please pray we will get some good news soon! We should hear something before too much longer, but the waiting is so hard. We sure do miss our little Dash! We lovingly call her Dash because when I met her in April and emailed back home about this little angel I met, the "a" key stuck and everyone thought her name was Dash. My mom said she thought, "what kind of a name is Dash"? lol! So it stuck! I call her my Dash. :)
Monday, September 22, 2008
Cardioloist Update
Posted by kristynewb at Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Wonderful news!
Oh, this is such great news Kristy, I know you are breathing a sigh of relief right now.
I enjoyed hearing about hime feeding himself, wow, that was really good, and clapping his hands sounds precious!Praying your dossier is submitted soon, you have to get Dash home. :o)
Praise God! His Love Endures Forever!
Great report concerning heart and development. I am eagerly awaiting to hear you announce when you can get your daughter.
Joy,RR
Yes, he is a miracle! I am so happy that he is doing so well:):)
Amy
Praise GOD!!! This is GREAT news!!! He is just an awesome little tike!!! Praying for the Dash and the dossier :)
This is wonderful news!
Post a Comment