Friday, April 4, 2008

Where We Are Now

We decided after much prayer to go ahead with our home study the way that it is. I talked to two different adoption attorneys in WV that told me that independent LCSW's are authorized to conduct home studies. I just could not get peace about paying the extra money to have an agency update our home study. We made this decision after much prayer and I was led to scripture that confirmed our decision for us. We are going to put our trust in God and see what happens. There are also some issues going on with the SDA. They are saying that all of the dossier slots have been filled for 2008. In the past this did not include dossier submissions for special needs children. At this point we are waiting to see if that is still the case. We plan to try to submit our dossier when I go on my trip over there next Friday,the 11th. Please pray that they will accept our dossier and our home study.

My mom sent me this devotional a few days ago. I thought it was very appropriate for our situation, international adoption in general, and all of our daily lives.

God Values Faith

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them. Psalms 139:17

How happy would a parent be if his child constantly questioned him whether his needs would be met? The parent would feel frustrated and sad, perhaps even angry that the child did not trust him.
The Bible has scores of references telling us how much it pleases God for us to trust Him for every need. The Roman soldier expressed great faith when he told Jesus just to "say the word" and his servant would be healed. Jesus told His disciples, "Look at the birds...they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" (Matthew 6:26)
God values our trust in Him above every other character quality. And how do we develop trust? By spending time in God's presence, through prayer, worship, and reading His Word. We develop it also as we step out in faith, and discover He really can be trusted. Are you trusting Him for every need in your life?
Written by Billy Graham

3 comments:

amyl4 said...

Prayers that this homestudy will work and that your dossier will be accepted. Thank you for sharing what Billy Graham wrote. It is exactly what I need to read this morning.
Amy

liesel said...

Thanks, I needed that scripture today. :)

Anonymous said...

Praying so that everything works out okay!