Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween Pics, etc.

I'm a little behind, but here are some pics of my little chicken and cat. :) They were both sick and a little cranky. Dasha perked up once we got outside and she saw all of the other kids in costumes. John Paul started to melt down. He really liked it last year, but wasn't into it this year. I think it was a combination of feeling cruddy and we made the mistake of hitting up the houses around the playground area. I think he was really confused about why we were outside in the dark walking around the playground and no one would let him play. :( Well, we were on the sidewalk. In front of our house it is set up like a square with the playground and tennis courts in the middle. So we actually weren't torturing him intentionally. Next year, we'll know better. Anyway, that explains why there are more pics of Dasha. After we got back in the house he wanted something to drink and then wanted to go upstairs to get his bath. He was ready to go to bed. He was done with Halloween! lol! Poor little guy! Dasha went after the candy bag. She was very interested in what people were putting in her bag the whole time. And she went after it as soon as she got back home. The pics are listed with the last pictures taken being posted first. They'll make more sense if you look from the bottom up. It looks like Dasha really ate a lot of candy, but really she just bit each piece outside the wrapper (to claim it maybe? lol!) and then ate one mini sized 3 musketeers. The funny thing is that after she ate it she reached down and grabbed the same candybar and bit it from the outside of the wrapper. I guess she liked her first candybar! lol! I posted a few pics of John Paul from over the summer because I didn't get as many pics of him at Halloween. I have so many pics that I need to get on here of both kids!


Sweet Angel!



Had to sneak this one in. It was 4th of July and she found this flag on her own. Well, she swiped it from a plant that it was stuck in.

What? Don't disrupt a boy who is digging!
Halloween...Start from the last pic and work back up to this last one. Sorry, no time to rearrange them.



























15 comments:

Heather said...

I have been waiting on an update... my Dasha and John Paul fix!!Are they not the most precious children?I love John Paul's hair and I absolutely LOVE,the picture of Dasha with the flag.

The kids are beautiful and happy and are thriving and blossoming.How blessed you are and how blessed am I to be watching your family grow.A special hello and a big thank you to Grammygwen,who continues to be an absolute incredible source of support and prayers for our very own journey.We love her for that and thank here immensely.

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Maybe next year it will go better.
The Lord knows everything that's going on and is always there, working. I'm here praying!
Hebrews 4:13-16 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Hope this beautiful Gospel passage gives you comfort! Praying!
Titus 3:4-6 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalm 4:8: I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Bet this Thanksgiving is going to be extra special!
Praying right now!
Psalm 31:5-8: Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth...but I trust in the LORD. I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities; And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Thankful that the Lord knows all the whys and that all things are in His hands! Praying!
Isaiah 55:8-9: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm continuing to pray!
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
Ephesians 2:8-9: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that the Lord is always with you whatever happens! Praying!
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Still here, still praying!
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalm 34:6-9 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying for you right now!
Psalm 20:5-7 We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions. Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

On this Christmas Eve look to the only source of true hope, peace, and salvation! Praying!
Matthew 1:20-23 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Come on! You know you want to share Christmas pics!
Praying right now!
Isaiah 63:7-9: I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses. For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour. In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Lifting up prayers!
Psalm 3:3-5 But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.